Shimokita Chaen Oyama – run by highest ranking tea connoisseur siblings
Warm Nature-friendly Accommodation ”Kutsurogi no Yado, Tetsu”
”Miyakawa Noritsugu, Ogasawara Nature Observation Instructor” In the Islands known as the Galapagos of the East
“Ghibli Museum of Mitaka” Entering the World of Animated Film
”Ceramic Artist Masahiro Maeda” Enjoying a Myriad of Designs
“Alcoholic Beverages Research Institute Tokyo Office” Red Brick Factory in Tokyo
”Calligraphy Artist Shoko Kanazawa” Calligraphy that give joy
”Calligrapher Harue Yahagi” Calligraphy as Use and Calligraphy for Art
“Katoubushi Shamisen, Yamabiko Senko” Stylish Edo style music
- Aman Tokyo is an open air resort symbolic of cosmopolitan Tokyo with its mix of traditional culture and modern ambience. The facility has easy access from Tokyo station, and is convenient for sightseeing as well as business.
- 1-5-6 Otemachi, Chiyoda, Tokyo
- URL https://www.aman.com/resorts/aman-tokyo?utm_source=line&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Amantokyo_season_traffic_prospecting&utm_content=lookalike_W_image_gw2
- Located in Shiodome waterfront in the heart of Tokyo with great access to major business area, sightseeing spots and the airport. With the perfect blend of a luxury hotel and modern Japanese style, guests will be treated to a comforting and relaxing experience..
- 1-9-1 Higashishinbashi, Minato, Tokyo
- URL http://www.conradtokyo.co.jp/
The Ritz Carlton Tokyo
- Located in the multi-functional Tokyo Midtown facility where guests can experience a variety of culture, fashion and art. Since opening in 2007, it was selected as a Red Pavilion in the Michelin guide for 5 consecutive years, and provides the highest quality service and peace of mind.
- Tokyo Midtown, 9-7-1 Akasaka, Tokyo
- URL http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/japan/tokyo
Hotel New Otani, Executive House Zen
- ”Executive House Zen” has a totally new concept and is a ”hotel within a hotel” located on the 11th and 12th floor of ”The Main” section of the Hotel New Otani. Indulge yourself in the elegant guest rooms which portray Japanese traditional culture with a theme of ”wabi” and ”sabi”, while enjoying the refined service of the exclusive staff.
- 4-1 Kioicho, Chiyoda, Tokyo
- URL http://www.newotani.co.jp/tokyo/stay/exe/index.html
Park Hyatt Tokyo
- Located quietly between the 39th and 52nd floors of ”Shinju Park Tower”, the hotel has earned acclaim with attractive restaurants like ”New York Grill & Bar” and ”Kozue. Immerse yourself in the city and skies of Tokyo, while enjoying the beautiful views, and allow yourself to relax and unwind.
- 3-7-1-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo
- URL https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/japan/park-hyatt-tokyo/tyoph
Hotel Okura Tokyo
- One the oldest hotels in Japan which has been welcoming Japanese and overseas visitors with the beauty of Japan since opening its doors in 1962. The unchanging spirit of ”kindness and harmony” blends comfortably with the beautiful Japanese interior, creating a warm and calming ambience.
- 2-10-4 Toranomon, Minato, Tokyo
- URL http://www.hotelokura.co.jp/tokyo/en/
Imperial Hotel Tokyo
- Began operations as a guest house in 1980, and has a history of hosting many important guests from around the world. The hotel offers a touch of tradition while the guest rooms have been updated with modern conveniences, and the attention to detail will allow guests to relax in full comfort. Enjoy service that has been honed over the years, sure to leave a lasting impression.
- 1-1-1 Uchisaiwaicho, Chiyoda, Tokyo
- URL https://www.imperialhotel.co.jp/e/index.html
The Peninsula Tokyo
- The hotel faces the Imperial Palace Garden and Hibiya Park, and is conveniently located close to Ginza and Tokyo stations. The 314 functional rooms, 5 restaurants and spa all boast an interior design mixed with exquisite Japanese taste and Peninsula Hospitality, so guests can truly immerse themselves in luxury.
- 1-8-1 Yurakucho, Chiyoda, Tokyo
- URL https://www.peninsula.com/en/tokyo/5-star-luxury-hotel-ginza
Mandarin Oriental Tokyo
- The first hotel in the world to receive 6 stars, the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo was selected as No 1 in the prestigious ”Top 100 Hotels in the World” ranking in 2010. A city resort with an amazing view of the Kanto plains, fully equipped with a Michelin star restaurant and spa.
- 2-1-1 Nihonbashi Muromachi, Chuo, Tokyo
- URL https://www.mandarinoriental.com/tokyo/nihonbashi/luxury-hotel
Palace Hotel Tokyo
- The Palace Hotel began operations on May 17, 2012 in an amazing location in the heart of the city, surrounded by lush greens and water. The 290 guest rooms are very spacious with at least 45㎡, and the hotel has a selection of 10 restaurants and bars, and the first ”Evian Spa Tokyo” in Japan.
- 1-1-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda, Tokyo
- URL https://en.palacehoteltokyo.com/
The Capitol Hotel Tokyu
- Located next to the National Diet Building and other government buildings in Nagatacho, Tokyo. It began operations in 2010, inheriting the history of the former ”Tokyo Hilton Hotel” and ”Capitol Tokyu Hotel”. Surrounded by the greenery of Hie Shrine, the property is filled with the beautiful Japanese design of architect Kengo Kuma. The comforting hospitality will allow you to enjoy a moment of ”yawaragi (calmness)”.
- 2-10-3 Nagatacho, Chiyoda, Tokyo
- URL https://www.tokyuhotelsjapan.com/global/capitol-h/
Shangri-La Hotel Tokyo
- This state of the art hotel is comfortable yet glamorous, offering warm, heartfelt service. Located close to Ginza and Nihonbashi, the hotel is convenient yet still allows guests to unwind in luxury, providing an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the outside world.
- Marunouchi Trust Tower Main building, 1-8-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda, Tokyo
- URL http://www.shangri-la.com/tokyo/shangrila/
Grand Hyatt Tokyo
- "The hotel is located in the ”Roppongi Hills” complex. Roppongi in Minato ward is a city of international culture where cultures from around the world come together. The facilities are versatile, able to cater to both business and party styles and , ,style, party style and various other needs with a luxurious space providing a calm hotel stay."
- 6-10-3 Roppongi, Minato, Tokyo
- URL http://tokyo.grand.hyatt.jp/hyatt/hotels-tokyo-grand/
Heart Rock Village
- The suite is the largest on the island, and every guest room has a private terrace. The symbolic tree of the resort is the Gajumaru, and guests can enjoy the nature of Ogasawara in the harmony and comfort of the property.
- Azumacho, Chichijima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- URL http://take-na.com/village/
- Reopening in 2011, the beautiful white walls of the seaside property stand out from the bright blue skies and beautiful green of nature in the background. One of the five guest rooms is available for guests who are traveling with their pet.
- Nishimachi, Chichijima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- URL http://www.aqua.jpn.com/
- Ogasawara Islands was designated as a World Heritage Site in 2011. The archipelago has a varied landscape, geology, ecosystem, biodiversity and nature that has involved independently from the mainland. Dolphin watching and eco-tourism draws many visitors.
- 1-4-25 Yushima, Bunkyo, Tokyo
- URL http://www.seido.or.jp/
- Built in 456 to worship Ameno Tajikarao No Mikoto, it began to attract academics and writers to worship the god of learning when Lord Michimasa Sugawara was also enshrined in 1355. The shrine is known widely as ”Yushima Tenjin” and many people visit to pray for success in academics.
- 3 Chome-30-１ Yushima, Bunkyō, Tokyo
- URL http://www.yushimatenjin.or.jp/pc/
- Established in 730 when Oonamuchinomikoto was enshrined. Its official name is ”Kanda Jinja”. From ancient times, it attracted followers from 108 towns including Kanda, Nihonbashi, Akihabara and Otemachi as the main god protecting the traditions of Edo culture. Every other year in May, the ”Kanda Matsuri” festival is held and is considered one of the three great festivals of Edo.
- 2 -16-2 Sotokanda, Chiyoda, Tokyo
- URL http://www.kandamyoujin.or.jp/
Suzumoto Entertainment Hall
- First opened as “Gundanseki Honmokutei” in 857, it continues to entertain people with ”rakugo” a form of Japanese comedy. There are two shows, a matinee and evening, both of which offer down-to-earth renditions of ”rakugo”, ”manzai” and ”shamisen mandan”.
- 2-7-12 Ueno, Taito, Tokyo
- URL http://www.rakugo.or.jp/
Jyodoshu, Daihonzan Zojoji
- One of the seven greatest temples of the Jodoshu sect of Buddhism, the official name is ”Sanenzan Koudoin Zoujoji”. Built in 1393, it attracted a lot of followers as the resting place of the Tokugawa family. The ”Sankai Datsumon ?” facing the main street was built in 1622, and is designated as the nation’s Important Cultural Property as a wooden structure from the early Edo period.
- 4-7-35 Shibakoen, Minato, Tokyo
- URL http://www.zojoji.or.jp/en/
- The well located on the property surrounded by ”keyaki” (Zelkova) trees is indeed a ”spring of happiness”. The source of the rich and plentiful spring water is in Tama Okuchichibu, and is perfectly suited for creating the trademark ”Kasen” brand. Historical handcrafting methods of master brewer Nambu has been carried on by local young brewers at this brewery.
- 626 Fussa, Fussa,Tokyo 197-0011
- URL http://www.seishu-kasen.com/
- Located on the street of Otaka in Kokubunji, this is a ”soba” restaurant where you can try ”soba tasting” instead of a ”sake tasting”. More than 30 varieties of buckwheat from all over Japan is used to make ”soba”, and you can enjoy the characteristics and flavors from each region. You can also order different grades of grinding and sifting to create a ”soba” to you liking.
- 3-19-34 Higashi Motomachi, Kokubunji Tokyo
Ogasawara Rum & Liquor Ltd.
- Rum was made from the old days by the western settlers in the Ogasawara Islands. After the islands were returned to mainland Japan, rum production resumed and began selling in 1992. Ogasawara climate is suited for growing sugarcane, a key ingredient, and you can almost feel the tropical atmosphere in the strong flavor of this local liquor.
- Hyogidaira Hahajima, Ogasawara, Tokyo
- URL http://www.oga-rum.com/
- Tamawarai is a ”soba” restaurant tucked away in a residential area near the city center. Using buckwheat from a contracted farm, they grind with care and create a deep flavored ”soba”. Serving straight ”soba” (”seiro”), large plate (”atsumori”), and dipping sauces customized for the style of ”soba”, the simple ”soba” dishes continue to attract fans..
- 5-23-3 Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo
Nature experience Guide: SolMar
- Takashi Kaneko is a tour guide specializing in ecotours and nature tours since 1991. Working to protect the natural environment and develop eco tourism in the Ogasawara Archipelago, Kaneko conveys the beauty of nature through sea kayak and trekking tours.
- Okumura, Chichijima, Ogasawara, Tokyo
- URL http://ogasawara-solmar.com/
- A Japanese ”kappo” style restaurant where you can local delicacies such as ”shima-ebi”, loggerhead turtle and island fruit.
- Chichijima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- The southernmost restaurant in Tokyo, a delicious eatery in Hahajima where options for dining out are limited. Service is available for lunch and dinner, as well as packed lunch boxes, and is a favorite among locals as their ”kitchen”.
- Motochi, Hahajima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- The shrine began when Lord Tadayori Ogasawara, who discovered the Ogasawara Islands, created the base and pillar of ”Dai Nippon Tenshoukou Taijingu”. The entire area around Ogami Mountain is maintained as Ogamiyama Park, and the entire Futami Bay can be viewed from the plaza near the shrine.
- Higashimachi, Chichijima, Ogasawara village, Tokyo
- Surrounded by the nature of Chichijima in the Ogasawara Islands, this café cultivates coffee using the Agroforestry method, taking advantage of the blessings of the mountains and ocean. The cafe is open every Saturday and Sunday, and is frequented by the island locals who enjoy the hand harvested and hand roasted artisanal coffee.
- Kita Fukurosawa, Chichijima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- URL http://uskcoffee.com/
Sushi Kappo, Kansa
- Kappo style Japanese restaurant where you can enjoy island ”sushi”, turtle dishes and other local Ogasawara cuisine. Since it first opened 40 years ago, it has been a gathering spot for travelers.
- Azumacho, Chichijima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- URL http://www.mmjp.or.jp/hotel-horizon/KANZA/
- This is an auberge with a restaurant as well as hotel facility. They offer both Western and Japanese food, using fresh island ingredients in a free-spirited form, enabling visitors to really enjoy the flavors of the season.
- Azumacho, Chichijima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- URL http://www.auberugesato.com/
- "Kishimojin”, the goddess for safe birth and child rearing, is enshrined here. Its roots date back to the Muromachi period when the original statue was discovered from a well near the current Mejirodai, Bunkyo area. In 1964, it was designated as Tangible Cultural Property of Tokyo.
- 3-15-20 Zoshigaya, Toshima, Tokyo
- URL http://www.kishimojin.jp/
Ishikawa Shuzo Ltd.,
- Ishikawa Shuzo was Created in 1863. Signature labels ”Tamajiman” and local beer ”Tama no Megumi” are made using rice polished to the maximum of 35%, and groundwater from Chichibutama as preparation water. There is a pair of 400 plus year old ”keyaki” (Zelkova) trees at the center of the property, and the ”sake” is made in a dirt cellar of more than 100 years.
- 1 Kumagawa, Fussa-shi, Tokyo
- URL http://tamajiman.com/
- Japanese style restaurant with a ”gassho zukuri” architecture located in a huge garden surrounded by the nature of Oku Takao. Placing emphasis on service that communicates the tradition and beauty of Japan, visitors can enjoy ”Kaiseki” style cuisine with seasonal colors, and locally grown charcoal grilled chicken.
- 3426 Minamiasakawamachi, Hachioji, Tokyo 193-0846
- URL https://www.ukai.co.jp/english/
Ozawa Shuzo Co.,Ltd.,
- Located in Okutama, it has continued to make ”sake” since the Edo period of Genroku. The area is famous for its water, and the signature label ”Sawanoi” is named after the location. The brewery continues to challenge new ideas while maintaining the traditional ”namamoto zukuri” technique using wooden barrels.
- 2-770 Sawai Oume-shi, Tokyo
- URL http://www.sawanoi-sake.com/en
Handmade Soba Kurumaya
- The restaurant uses a traditional house dating back 140 years in the style traditional to the Aizu Tadami area that has been relocated to its current location, and offers a calm and peaceful ambience. ”Soba” flour is ground fresh each day with a stone grinder so you can enjoy freshly ground, handmade ”soba”.
- 3-10 Koshino, Hachioji, Tokyo
- URL http://www.soba-kurumaya.co.jp/
Nozaki Shuzo Ltd.,
- Located at the foot of the Tokura Shiroyama mountain in Akiruno city, traditional methods are used to create artisanal ”sake” from clear subterranean river water from Shiroyama. The signature label ”Kisho” is an artisanal sake that is pasteurized after bottling, and slowly aged at a low temperature. It is mainly sold at local restaurants and liquor stores in Akiruno city.
- 63 Tokura, Akiruno, Tokyo
- URL http://www.kisho-sake.jp/
- A shrine believed to enshrine Kuzuryu Ookami as the guardian god by priest Suumamori Ono Nakamura who founded this area. Every year in September during the big festival, Intangible Cultural Properties such as ”Daikagura”, ”Three Lions” and ”Bakamen Bayashi” are dedicated. Near the shrine. there is a ”Waterfall of Kuzuryu” which is used for purification rituals throughout the year.
- 2478 Hinohara-mura, Nishitama, Tokyo
- URL http://www.tokyokuzuryujinja.net/
Tokyo Skytree Town
- The old town feel of Tokyo remains in Sumida-ku, where Tokyo Skytree opened by Sumida River on May 22, 2012. The tower is an independent style radio tower measuring 534m high. From the observation deck on top of the tower, you can see the entire Kanto plateau when the sky is clear. At the foot of the tower, there are restaurants and a shopping area called Soramachi, and is very popular tourist attraction.
- 1-1-2 Oshiage, Sumida, Tokyo
- URL http://www.tokyo-skytreetown.jp/english/