Hayama Hotel Otowa no Mori
- Standing on a hill overlooking the Chojagasaki Coast, the resort has an atmosphere reminiscent of the south of France where you can enjoy the beautiful view of Sagami Bay from the guest rooms and restaurant.
- 5596-1 Akiya, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL https://www.otowanomori.jp/english/
- Suishoen has a stylish décor and offers a contemporary style of relaxation, complete with private outdoor hot spring baths in all 23 guestrooms. A luxurious inn in Hakone Kowakidani Onsen that features a Spa using an exclusive line of world renowned Sisley products.
- 519-9 Kowakidani, Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa
- URL http://www.hakonesuishoen.jp/
SCAPES THE SUITE
- ”An escape to a beautiful landscape” as their concept, you can relax in quality comfort while also enriching your senses at this resort.
- 922-2 Horiuchi, Hayama-machi, Miura-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL http://www.scapes.jp/
- Located in Okuyugawara, the Japanese style inn is beautifully built in the traditional ”sukiya-zukuri” style. ”Kaiseki” cuisine is presented with heartfelt Japanese hospitality.
- 776 Miyakami, Yugawara-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa
- URL https://www.tubaki.net/en/
- The retreat of a hideout quietly standing in Oku Yagawara. Stay committed to hospitality limited to two pairs a day, you can spend luxurious time enjoying the natural nature and soft springs of this area, the fine space to your heart's content.
- 683-18 Miyakami, Yugawara-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL http://okuyugawara.jp/
Izumibashi Sake Brewery Co., Ltd.
- The brewery blends blessings of the local environment using quality ”sake” rice produced in Ebina to create their trademark labels which include ”Izumibashi” and ”Tonbo Label Series”.
- 5-5-1 Shimoimaizumi, Ebina-shi, Kanagawa
- URL http://www.izumibashi.com/
Kumazawa Brewing Company
- A brewery producing sake for 140 years in the Shonan area, their trademark label ”Tensei” and ” Shoko” cannot be produced in large amounts but are made with extra care. There is a restaurant on the premise which is made from a renovated ”sakagura”, where guests can savor food that pair well with ”sake”.
- 7-10-7 Kagawa, Chigasaki-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL http://www.kumazawa.jp/
- Surrounded by abundant nature, they use fresh spring water from Tanzawa Mountain Range to produce a well-balanced ”sake” that pairs well with food. The exquisite tasting premium sake, ”Sagaminada” is created using the ”muroka-binkakoi” method where ”newly born sake” is bottled.
- 702 Negoya, Midori-ku, Sagamihara-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL http://www.tsukui.ne.jp/kubota/
Oya Takashi Shuzou
- This brewery has been making ”sake” since 1830. The ”sake” is matured for one to three years to bring out the ”umami” flavor. Their trademark label ”Shoryuhorai” is at its best when served warm.
- 521 Aikawa-machi, Aiko-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL http://www.hourai.jp/
- Kenchoji is the main Zen temple of Rinzai, Kenchoji School. Its formal name is ”Kofukusan Kencho-Kokoku-zenji. With a garden reminiscent of the Kamakura era when the temple was first opened, ”Kenchoji Keidai” is a designated Historic Site and Place of Scenic Beauty.
- 8 Yamanouchi, Kamakura-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL http://www.kenchoji.com/
The Great Buddha and Kotoku-in
- Hase-dera, or formally ”Taiizan Kotokuin Shojosenji”, is a Jodoshu Buddhist temple and is known for its ”Great Buddha”, a statue of Amida Buddha. It is said that construction of the Great Buddha began as early as 1252. The statue survived numerous disasters and changing times, and the temple grounds is a designated Historic Site, ”Kamakura Daibutsuden Site”
- 4-2-28 Hase, Kamakura, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL http://www.kotoku-in.jp/en/
Daiyuzan Saijoji of Soto Zen Buddhism
- Zen master Ryoanemyo founded this temple in 1394. The temple is known for the 4000 schools that belong to this sect, and its ”dojo” is believed to have miraculous powers. Legend has it that a monk named Douryou became a ”tengu” and hid in the mountain, and many visitors dedicate ”geta” to the the temple.
- 1157 Daihuuchou, Minamiashigara City, Kanagawa
- URL http://daiyuuzan.or.jp/english/
- Sugimoto-dera was built in 734 by the order of Empress Komei, the wife of Emperor Shomu, and an eleven-faced Kannon was enshrined in this temple. Dedicated to three statues of eleven-faced Kannon, it is the first check-in point (”fudasho”) for both ”Bando Sanjusankasho” and ”Kamakura Sanjusankasho”.
- 903 Nikaido, Kamakura-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL http://sugimotodera.main.jp/
- Sankeien Garden was built by businessman and tea master Tomitaro Hara (Tea Master Title: Sankei). He transferred structure of historical value to the garden. Covering 175,000㎡ with various flowers blooming season to season, the garden contains 17 structures, one of which is designated Important Cultural Property.
- 58-1 Honmoku Sannotani, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL https://www.sankeien.or.jp/en-about/index.html
- Hakone Jinja was founded as a place of mountain worship long ago. It is dedicated to ”Hakone Okami”, the gods of the mountains. There also is Kuzuryu Jinja which enshrines ”Kuzuryu Okami”, the guardian god of Ashinoko Lake. With the addition of a newly constructed shrine, Hakone Jinja has become a popular tourist site.
- 80-1 Motohakone, Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL http://hakonejinja.or.jp/
Lalique Museum, Hakone
- The museum houses 1500 pieces created by René Lalique, a French artist of jewelry and glass craftwork. 230 items of jewelry, glass craftwork, and decorative pieces produced throughout his life are on permanent display.
- 186-1 Sengokuhara, Hakonemachi, Ashigara Shimo-gun, Kanagawa
- URL http://www.lalique-museum.com/common/about/english.html
Hakone Glass no Mori Venetian Glass Museum
- A museum displaying a wide variety of Venetian glass. The museum consists of ”Venetian Glass Museum” which exhibits Venetian glass pieces from 15th to 19th century, and ”Glass Museum” which displays glass artwork created by contemporary artists.
- 940-48 Sengokuhara, Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
- URL http://www.hakone-garasunomori.jp/entrance/english/
Pola Museum of Art
- The museum retains and exhibits western paintings, contemporary Japanese style paintings, oriental ceramics, and make-up tools collected over 40 years by Tsuneshi Suzuki, the former owner of Pola Orbis Group.
- 1285 Kozukayama, Sengokuhara, Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa
- URL http://www.polamuseum.or.jp/english/
- Tsurugaoka Hachimangu was initially built on Yuigahama Beach to worship Iwashimizu Hachimangu of Kyoto. It eventually became a spiritual foundation for the samurai class during the Kamakura era. There are numerous Shinto rituals still held at this shrine such as ”Yabusame” and ”Buraku”.
- 2-1-31 Yukinoshita, Kamakura, Kanagawa