- Naraijuku was one of the most prospering post-station towns in Kisoji along the Nakasendo Road. The beautiful streets extend over a 1km range, and is a tourist site reminiscent of Japan during the Edo era.
Izutsu Wine Co., Ltd.
- Won a gold medal at an international contest with wine made from local merlot grapes grown in Nagano. Produces high-quality wine certified by ”Nagano Appellation Control”.
- 1298-187 Soga Kikyogahara, Shiojiri-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.izutsuwine.co.jp/
Tomono Shuzo Company
- Produces premium ”sake”, ”Sawa-no-hana” fostered by the natural surroundings of Shinshu-saku area.
- 123 Nozawa, Saku-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.sawanohana.com/
Seni Onsen Kasenan Iwa No Yu
- ”Onsen” inn with comforting ambience offering various types of baths such as the grand bath situated in a cave.
- 3159 Oaza Nirei, Suzaka-shi, Nagano Prefecture
Auberge de Shezmari
- Relish the surroundings of Central Tateshina Highlands. A Japanese style inn which hosts only four groups a day.
- Karamatsudaira, Central Tateshina Highlands, Chino-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.shezmari.com/
- An elegant Japanese style inn combining a traditional storehouse and wooden house structure with modern interior.
- 815 Obuse-machi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.kyakuden.jp/english/index.html
Tobira Onsen Myojinkan
- A relaxing Japanese style inn situated in Yatsugatake-Chushin Kogen Quasi National Park
- 8967 Iriyamabe, Matsumoto-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL https://www.relaischateaux.com/us/japan/myojinkan-nagano-matsumoto-shi
- 100% natural hot spring without any filtration or additives and luxurious hospitality of seasonal Japanese cuisine.
- 3055 Oaza Togura-onsen, Chikuma-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.shigenoya.co.jp/
- A Japanese style inn where you can experience indigo dyeing workshop and immerse yourself in the joy of Shinshu gourmet.
- Yokoyakyo, Tateshina-kogen, Chino-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.tateshina-ai.co.jp/en/
- Well-renowned sake made from the combination of rice, water and people, ”Sakunohana” is deeply rooted in Shinshu.
- 620 Shimogoe, Saku-shi, Nagano Prefecture
Villa d’Est Gardenfarm and Winery
- A winery opened by essayist and artist Toyoo Tamamura. Guests enjoy great food, wine, and views of the vineyard from the adjacent café.
- 6027 Kanou, Tomi-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.villadest.com/
- 100% of the grapes for the wine are produced on the company vineyard. The flavor is a good pairing with Japanese cuisine, and quality control is strictly managed. Nakata was pleasantly surprised with the high quality of the grape juice produced at this winery.
- 571 Oaza Oshiha, Obuse-machi, Kamitakai-gun, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://obusewinery.com/
- Nakata had high praise for the apple ’miso’ and ’miso-senbei’ at this brewery.
- 789-2 Iwamurada, Saku-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.izumikura.com/
- Well-known Togakushi-soba shop that carries on the tradition of Japanese cuisine in the Togakushi district.
- 3356 Chusha, Nagano-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~uzuraya/
Rice farmers, Yoichiro and Kaori Ito
- ”A farmer’s daily visit to the paddy is the best fertilizer for the rice.” says Yoichiro Ito who practices ”Aigamo-noho” with loving care.
- 2254 Niiyama-nishishita, Tomigata, Ina City Nagano Prefecture
Kitaya Miso Co.
- ”Yukimusume-miso” - homemade ”miso” without additives is the roots of home cooking in Shinshu.
- 2-3-3 Tenryu-cho, Okaya-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.kitayamiso.com/
- A place to enjoy the simple life! Savor the excellent curry full of natural ingredients.
- 9068 Miasa, Omachi-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- Reminiscent of ”shugendo”, the shrine honors the gods of water and good harvest.
- Togakushi, Nagano-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.togakushi-jinja.jp/
Le sans a plus
- A french restaurant in a rural area where you can enjoy the bounties of nature. *Reservations and referrals only. Thank you for your understanding.
- Saku City, Nagano Prefecture
Imokawa Koji Limited
- ”Miso” from Kitashinano in Shinshu, made by ”Artisan of Shinshu-miso.” It is moist, with a robust aroma and smooth flavor.
- 215 Oaza Ushiide, Nakano-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.kitashinanomiso.com/
Farmer Kazuo Suzuki
- Rice nurtured by the blessings of Chikuma River draws attention from gourmets around the nation.
- 3599 Tokiwa, Iyama-shi, Nagano Prefecture
En Boca Karuizawa
- Popular restaurant in a forest where you can enjoy delicious smoked foods and pizza.
- 1277-1 Karuizawa, Karuizawa-machi, Kitasaku-gun, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.enboca.jp/karuizawa/karuizawa_2.html
- Homemade ”soba” made from only homegrown ”soba” grains or ”soba” from contracted farms.
- 872-9 Nakamatsu, Obuse-cho, Kamitakai-gun, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://soba-sekizawa.com/