Unique culture of Suwa Suwa Taisha Kiyari Uta (Shimo Suwa Preservation Association)
Beauty of handiwork transcending time and place ”Matsumoto Mingeikan”
Pioneer of rare whisky Mars Shinshu Distillery (Honbo Shuzo Co. Ltd.,)
Ancient Castle Lit Up by the Moon Matsumoto Castle Moon-viewing Festival
Cuisine cooked with Nagano-grown meat and vegetables RESTRO RIN plus huit
Remnants of Jomon Era ”Idojiri Archaeology Museum” ”Kayano City Togariishi Museum of Jomon Archaeology”
Restoring Traditional Machiya-style Residence in Narai Juku ”Moto Kushi Tonya Nakamura Residence”
Wood from Kiso and Lacquer Painting ”Kiso Artech Co. Ltd., Formative Designer Hirochika Saito”
Bridge made of Kiso Hinoki aged over 300 years ”Kiso no Ohashi”
- Naraijuku was one of the most prospering post-station towns in Kisoji along the Nakasendo Road. The beautiful streets extend over a 1km range, and is a tourist site reminiscent of Japan during the Edo era.
Izutsu Wine Co., Ltd.
- Won a gold medal at an international contest with wine made from local merlot grapes grown in Nagano. Produces high-quality wine certified by ”Nagano Appellation Control”.
- 1298-187 Soga Kikyogahara, Shiojiri-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.izutsuwine.co.jp/
Tomono Shuzo Company
- Produces premium ”sake”, ”Sawa-no-hana” fostered by the natural surroundings of Shinshu-saku area.
- 123 Nozawa, Saku-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.sawanohana.com/
Seni Onsen Kasenan Iwa No Yu
- ”Onsen” inn with comforting ambience offering various types of baths such as the grand bath situated in a cave.
- 3159 Oaza Nirei, Suzaka-shi, Nagano Prefecture
Auberge de Shezmari
- Relish the surroundings of Central Tateshina Highlands. A Japanese style inn which hosts only four groups a day.
- Karamatsudaira, Central Tateshina Highlands, Chino-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.shezmari.com/
- An elegant Japanese style inn combining a traditional storehouse and wooden house structure with modern interior.
- 815 Obuse-machi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.kyakuden.jp/english/index.html
Tobira Onsen Myojinkan
- A relaxing Japanese style inn situated in Yatsugatake-Chushin Kogen Quasi National Park
- 8967 Iriyamabe, Matsumoto-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL https://www.relaischateaux.com/us/japan/myojinkan-nagano-matsumoto-shi
- 100% natural hot spring without any filtration or additives and luxurious hospitality of seasonal Japanese cuisine.
- 3055 Oaza Togura-onsen, Chikuma-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.shigenoya.co.jp/
- A Japanese style inn where you can experience indigo dyeing workshop and immerse yourself in the joy of Shinshu gourmet.
- Yokoyakyo, Tateshina-kogen, Chino-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.tateshina-ai.co.jp/en/
- Well-renowned sake made from the combination of rice, water and people, ”Sakunohana” is deeply rooted in Shinshu.
- 620 Shimogoe, Saku-shi, Nagano Prefecture
Villa d’Est Gardenfarm and Winery
- A winery opened by essayist and artist Toyoo Tamamura. Guests enjoy great food, wine, and views of the vineyard from the adjacent café.
- 6027 Kanou, Tomi-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.villadest.com/
- 100% of the grapes for the wine are produced on the company vineyard. The flavor is a good pairing with Japanese cuisine, and quality control is strictly managed. Nakata was pleasantly surprised with the high quality of the grape juice produced at this winery.
- 571 Oaza Oshiha, Obuse-machi, Kamitakai-gun, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://obusewinery.com/
- Nakata had high praise for the apple ’miso’ and ’miso-senbei’ at this brewery.
- 789-2 Iwamurada, Saku-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.izumikura.com/
- Well-known Togakushi-soba shop that carries on the tradition of Japanese cuisine in the Togakushi district.
- 3356 Chusha, Nagano-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~uzuraya/
Rice farmers, Yoichiro and Kaori Ito
- ”A farmer’s daily visit to the paddy is the best fertilizer for the rice.” says Yoichiro Ito who practices ”Aigamo-noho” with loving care.
- 2254 Niiyama-nishishita, Tomigata, Ina City Nagano Prefecture
Kitaya Miso Co.
- ”Yukimusume-miso” - homemade ”miso” without additives is the roots of home cooking in Shinshu.
- 2-3-3 Tenryu-cho, Okaya-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.kitayamiso.com/
- A place to enjoy the simple life! Savor the excellent curry full of natural ingredients.
- 9068 Miasa, Omachi-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- Reminiscent of ”shugendo”, the shrine honors the gods of water and good harvest.
- Togakushi, Nagano-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.togakushi-jinja.jp/
Le sans a plus
- A french restaurant in a rural area where you can enjoy the bounties of nature. *Reservations and referrals only. Thank you for your understanding.
- Saku City, Nagano Prefecture
Imokawa Koji Limited
- ”Miso” from Kitashinano in Shinshu, made by ”Artisan of Shinshu-miso.” It is moist, with a robust aroma and smooth flavor.
- 215 Oaza Ushiide, Nakano-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.kitashinanomiso.com/
Farmer Kazuo Suzuki
- Rice nurtured by the blessings of Chikuma River draws attention from gourmets around the nation.
- 3599 Tokiwa, Iyama-shi, Nagano Prefecture
En Boca Karuizawa
- Popular restaurant in a forest where you can enjoy delicious smoked foods and pizza.
- 1277-1 Karuizawa, Karuizawa-machi, Kitasaku-gun, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.enboca.jp/karuizawa/karuizawa_2.html
- Homemade ”soba” made from only homegrown ”soba” grains or ”soba” from contracted farms.
- 872-9 Nakamatsu, Obuse-cho, Kamitakai-gun, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://soba-sekizawa.com/