Asian Time Resort Hotel: Kakureya
- A resort hotel with independent cottages. Every room has an outside bathtub and jacuzzi, as well as in-room meals and spa service. You can enjoy privacy as if you were at your own country house.
- 1645 Nakayama, Inashiki-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture
- URL http://www.kakure-ya.com/
Uguisu Tani Onsen – Takeno Ha
- A Japanese style inn located beside the Nittsima River in Kita Ibaraki. Enjoy the abundant local seafood where the ”kuroshio” and ”oyashio” currents merge, as well as the delicacies from the mountains. Relax in harmony with the surrounding forest.
- 2275 Isoharachō Isohara, Kitaibaraki-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture
- URL http://www.uguisudani-onsen.com
Fukuroda Onsen Omoide Romankan
- A comfortable hotel where Western-style and modern Japanese-style blend together. Close to ”Fukuroda Fall”, one of the three greatest waterfalls in Japan. Fukuroda ”onsen” is pulled directly from the source, and is known as the ”hot spring for beauty”. The perfect location for exploring nature around Okukuji.
- 978 Fukuroda, Daigo-machi, Kuji-gun, Ibaraki Prefecture
- URL http://www.roman-kan.jp/
Limited partnership company: Urazato Syuzo,
- The brewery is located at the foot of a sacred mountain; Mount Tsukuba. Using Ogawa yeast, they create ”Kiri Tsukuba”with care. ”Daiginjou 3 year Koshu, Chikara” is a matured ”sake” which has been aged for 3 years in freezing temperatures, and is famous for the soft but deep flavor.
- 982 Yoshinuma, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture
- URL http://www.kiritsukuba.co.jp/
- Using spring water from the Kinugawa River, ”Buyu” is made by aging ”sake” to create a pleasant and deep flavor. While passing on the techniques of the ”Echigo Toji” style of making ”sake”, they also began making a local ”sake” called ”Yuki Toji ” in Heisei 8 (1996).
- 144 Yuki, Yuki-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture
- URL http://www.buyu.jp
Raifuko Shuzo Ltd.
- This brewery has been in operation for 300 years since Kyoho 1; 1716. ”Raifuku” is a famous ”sake” created using yeast from flowers. They also use rice specifically for making ”sake” called ”Hitachi Nishiki”, and polish it to 8% of the original grain, to create a new style of ”sake”.
- 1626, Murata, Chikusei-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture
- URL http://www.raifuku.co.jp/
- This temple was created in 1386 for the Chisan sect of Shingon Buddhism. ”Bishamondo” was built as a prayer house for Emperor Kanmu, and has a history of about 1000 years. The temple is filled with colorful flowers and is famous for its unique ”omikuji”.
- 1085, Iida, Naka-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture
- URL http://www.ichijyouin.e-naka.jp/
Marushin Shokuhin Ltd.
- ”Natto” is made with the utmost care using the highest quality small grain soybean cultivated in Okukuji, Ibaraki. Some of the most popular products are ”funa natto” which is packed in a wooden box shaped like a boat, and ”kuro natto” using black soybeans from Hokkaido.
- 477-1 Yamagata, Hitachiomiya-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture
- URL http://www.funanatto.co.jp/
- The garden was created in 1842 by Yoshiaki Tokugawa: 9th lord of the Mito Clan. The garden was created on a hilly landscape overlooking the Lake Senba. The garden has over 3000 plum trees in 100 varieties, and the flowers attract many tourists during the spring, but the beauty of the garden can be enjoyed throughout the season.
- 1-3-3 Tokiwacho, Mito-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture
- URL http://www.koen.pref.ibaraki.jp/foreign_language/en/index.html
Kasama Museum of Art, Annex Shunpu Banriso
- Located in the art village where artists from Kasama gather, Shunpu Banriso was originally the main house for the atelier used by Rosanjin Kitaoji. The thatched roof structure has now been relocated and is open to the public. Rosanjin Kitaoji was a genius with many talents, and left a huge impact in the art world. You can sense his style and taste through his handmade furniture and other memorabilia that are on display.
- Art Village, Shimoichige, Kasama-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture
- URL http://www.nichido-museum.or.jp/shunpu/