Charcoal-broil Tavern Omoro
- ”Izakaya” introduced by a local ”sake” brewery. This ”izakaya” has a large assortment of Japanese ”sake”; normally about 20 labels, famous ones as well as precious rarities. Their pairing recommendations, matching ”sake” to the season as well as Japanese or Western food and/or food from different genre are much appreciated.
- 2-37 Shinsakaemachi Tegata Akita-city Akita
- A restaurant where you can eat “horumon yakisoba” with grilled innards that have been boiled down in special sauce for 2 whole days. Ever since the restaurant opened in 1957, the shop has gained popularity in Yokote with its headline dish,“horumon yakisoba,”with its straight ”kakumen” noodles and tender beef innards, which the majority of customers order.
- 23-1 Sanmaibashi Maegou Yokote-city Akita
Asamai Shuzo Co., Ltd.
- Only rice harvested from within a 5 kilometer perimeter and ”Biwako kansui” water that was used to grow the rice, which springs from within the property, is used to make the totally pure ”sake”. Holding true to the motto that ”sake is born from the fields”, the brewery nurtures the blessings of the Yokote Plains and the abundant water, to create the flagship label ”Amanoto”.
- 388 Asamai Asamai Hiraka cho Yokote-City Akita
- URL http://www.amanoto.co.jp/
KARIHO SHUZOU CO., LTD
- “Kariho” is a result of collaboration of the master Toji with sophisticated skills, young ”kurabito” workers with new ideas and female ”kurabito” workers with delicate sensitivity. The distinctive taste of ”Kariho” is created by the traditional method of pressurizing sake in ”sakabune” which takes time and effort, thus rarely seen lately nationwide.
- 275 Jinguji Jinguji Daisen-City Akita
- URL https://www.igeta.jp/en/
- A bakery that uses “Shirakami Kodama yeast”discovered in the Shirakami mountains, located by the prefecture border between Akita and Aomori. More than 30 different types of bread, ranging from the fragrant hard-type wheat bread to deli-bread and pastries topped with fresh fruit line their shelves daily. The bakery stands by the National highway overlooking the Sea of Japan, a perfect place to stop while out for a drive.
- 23-8 Yunoshiri Hachimori Happocho Yamamotogun Akita
Azakura Sake Brewery
- Located in a region with heavy snow, the entire brewery is at times completely buried under the snow. The brewery takes advantage of this freezing climate by incorporating the Akita-style preparation method, where ”sake” is slowly fermented at low temperatures over a long period. ”Sake” that is fermented in low temperature, stable due to the snow, becomes floral in fragrance and smooth in taste. It can be said that the ”sake” made here cleverly takes advantage of the climate of Akita.
- 67-2 Nishino Oosawa Yokote-city Akita
- URL http://www.azakura.co.jp/en/
Japanese Confectionary store Tsujiya
- A well established Japanese confectionary store founded in Omagari Senkita Akita during the Edo period, Tsujiya has been making traditional confectionery “tofu kamaboko” “tofu castela“ “sanbaimochi” over 5 generations, for more than 130 years. ”Tofu kamaboko” is made by steaming a mixture of tofu and white fish meat into a dome-shape and in fact not so sweet, and is often served as an accompaniment to tea and at ceremonial occasions, and has been a local favorite for a long time.
- 1-20 Nakadorimachi Oomagari Daisen-city Akita
- URL http://www.akita-tsujiya.jp/
- A local sweets maker that makes numerous original products such as the unique ”karinto” which is twisted, making it easier for the brown sugar syrup to coat the entire snack; and fresh cream ”dorayaki” each of which are made by hand. The ”dorayaki” is available in 5 flavors - ”ogura” bean paste, ”matcha”, strawberry, sesame and chocolate.
- 2-6 Dannohira Ogata Kakunodatemachi Senboku-city Akita
- URL http://www.yukarido.com/
- A restaurant located in Kakunodate, also known as the ”little Kyoto” of Michinoku, serving original dishes based on Japanese cuisine with French, Italian and Asian twists. The restaurant achieves perfection with the heartfelt service by the female owner known as ”Smile”, and the carefully prepared dishes.
- 12 Nakamachi Kakunodatemachi Senboku-city Akita
- Vapor shooting out from the valley, and the steam and blast of heat gushing out from the 60-meter rocky cliff wall make you acknowledge the wonders and strength of mother nature. The white steam is a beautiful contrast with the vivid green of the trees during spring, and the red-dyed leaves during the autumn.
- Yuzawa-city Minase Oyasukyo onsen
- URL http://www.oyasukyo.jp/
Fukurokuju Brewery co., ltd
- ”Sake” brewery founded in 1688 during the Edo period, devoted to drawing out the ”umami” of rice, fulfilling the company policy of always creating ”sake” to make people happy. Fukurokujyu Brewery’s signature label “Ippakusuisei” was born this way, the name meaning “the best tasting sake made from water and white rice,”
- 48 Shitamachi Gojoumemachi Minami-Akita Gun Akita
- URL http://www.fukurokuju.jp/
Natsuse Onsen Miyakowasure
- A secluded Japanese style inn that allows you to enjoy the luxury of peace surrounded by the sounds of nature, such as the chirping of the birds, the rustling of the leaves, or the flow of the river. As the name of the Inn “Miyako Wasure” (forgetting the metropolis) suggests, relax and savor the hot springs of Natsuse, just like the regional lords of the castle and local people had since the times of Edo.
- 84 Natsuse Tawadakosotsuda Senboku-city Akita
- URL http://www.taenoyu.com/natuse-top.html
Akita Jozo co. ltd.
- Brewery founder Masatsune Hanaoka strived to spread the natural ”sake” yeast that was developed at the Akita brewery testing lab during the Taisho era. This unique Akita “long-term low-temperature rapid brewery” method has since then become the foundation to all their ”sake”. ”Sake”, fermented slowly for more than 25 days may be appreciated with its robust flavor that will amplify in your mouth when drunk.
- 5-2 Noborimachi Narayama Akita-city Akita
Oga Sakurajima Resort HOTEL Kiraraka
- A hotel located on the tip of Oga peninsula, protruding out to the Sea of Japan. Visitors are free to choose from different styles of accomodation to appreciate Oga nature; options from various types of rooms, bungalows, and a camping site.
- 1-466 Nakadai Togakamooasa Oga-city Akita
- Situated conveniently, just a minute walk from the connecting Akita station. A large scale hotel equipped with restaurants, conference rooms, and chapel which has been loved by people in and around the prefecture. A full renovation was completed in 2010 allowing guests to relax in a clean and calm environment, whilst enjoying a reflection of history.
- 7 chome 2-1 Nakadori Akita-city Akita
- URL http://www.metro-akita.jp/
- A cozy, warm-lit ”izakaya” where you can enjoy creative dishes made with local ingredients, along with carefully selected local Akita ”sake”. Their daily recommendation consists of dishes such as local fresh sashimi, well known Akita Hinai-brand chicken, a limited 15 servings of handmade ”soba”, etc. The “gasshozukuri” steep rafter roof is their landmark.
- 6-9 1 chome Sanno Akita-city Akita
- URL http://www.syuhai.com/
Sosaku chubo Bistro Amour
- A 15 year-old Western-style ”izakaya” that offers reasonably priced dishes made by their chef with a “Professional Western cuisine license” issued by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Dishes using amino-acid abundant Japanese “short-horn Kazuno beef” have even been introduced on TV and have been attracting attention.
- 154-5 Hanawa Hanawashita Kazuno-city Akita
- URL http://hitosara.com/0006010229/
Akita Castle Hotel
- Conveniently located overlooking ”Chiaki Park” which is the landmark at the center of the city. The dignity cultivated by tradition fuses together with the robust city, creating an ambience that can only be enjoyed here.
- 1-3-5 Nakadori Akita-city Akita
- URL http://www.castle-hotel.jp/
ENOTECA olmo del Caucaso
- An Italian restaurant on Keyaki street situated between Yabase Sports Park, Akita’s center of sports, and the city hall. Authentic Italian made with locally produced ingredients plus an amazing selection of wine! During the spring, the view of the lined zelkova trees are beautiful, appeasing the appetite as well as the eyes.
- 1F 1-6-20 Sanno Akita-city Akita
Historic landmark Osarizawa mine
- Osarizawa mining site is said to have been discovered in the year 708, during the Nara period. The dirt walls exposed in the mining shaft are roughly 9 million years old and had once been the largest domestic copper vein type mine, greatly contributing to Japan’s “golden culture” such as for molding the Buddha statue of Todaiji temple in Nara, and the creation of the Golden Hall of Hiraizumi in Iwate.
- 13-5 Shishizawa Osarizawa Kazuno-city Akita
- URL http://www.osarizawa.jp/
- Built under government order to accommodate guests from abroad visiting Japan for the 1940 Tokyo Olympic games. 80 carpenters specializing in shrine and temple construction from Akita, Aomori and Iwate were called together to compete against each other in construction of the main building. The hotel has been designated Tangible Cultural Property and is a tourist spot at the National park, Towada lake.
- Nichikohan Towadako Kosakamachi Kazunogun Akita
- URL http://en.towada-hotel.com/
- The origin of “kiritanpo” is said to be a preserved food eaten cooked with hunted pheasant and plants picked from the mountains during the hunting season. At Ganso Murasaki, “tanpo” made with carefully selected ”Akitakomachi” rice and locally grown vegetables is served with chicken broth taken from Hinai chicken. 1 tanpo is equivalent to 2 1/2 rice bowls of rice, which should be enough to satisfy your appetite!
- 12-9 Saiwaicho Odate-city Akita
- URL http://www.tanpo.jp/
“Akita Dog Preservation Society” Foundation
- Established in 1990 by Shigeie Izumi who feared the extinction of pure-blooded Akita dogs. The objective was to preserve the designated Japanese Natural Treasure “Akita dogs”, and to offer information regarding its cultural background. Currently the foundation has 52 branch offices in Japan, 9 branches abroad, and holds numerous workshops and exhibitions throughout the year.
- 13-1 Sannomaru Oodateshi Akita
- URL http://www.akitainu-hozonkai.com/?lang=en
- A “yakiniku” restaurant in business for more than half a century, with a vision of “being the best chosen “yakiniku” restaurant in Akita.” Proud to be a part of the meat industry, the restaurant has strived to offer the best service to its customers. Here, you can consume Akita’s best premium Kuroge wagyu“Ugo” beef and fresh local products in a renovated, century-old sake brewery, which has been recycled leaving the features of the original building and recreating it in modern style. 3-minute walk from Akita station.
- 2F Creo Building New-Kinzagai 2-6-44 Nakadori Akita-city Akita
- URL http://www.akitagyugentei.com/
Yokote Fureai Center Kamakura kan
- A facility where you can actually experience Yokote ”kamakura”, which has a history of more than 400 years in worshipping the water gods during the lunar new year. You can enter an actual ”kamakura” made with Yokote snow in the ”kamakura room”, always kept at minus 10℃.
- 8-12 Chuoban Yokote-city Akita
- URL http://www.yokotekamakura.com/02_kanko/kamakurakan.html
Richmond Hotel Akita Ekimae
- Opened in January 2009, Richmond Hotel Akita Ekimae is a 4-minute walk from Akita station. It offers 5 different types of rooms to choose from, to fit various needs whether it may be business or pleasure. The hotel group has a high reputation for hospitality and service, and was awarded “hotel with highest customer satisfaction” for 8 consecutive years until 2013.
- 2-26 2 chome Nakadori Akita-city Akita
- URL http://richmondhotel.jp/akita/?hotel_id=41
- A sweets shop conscious of being a “gastronomy patisserie,” with a challenging spirit for making confectionery with an understanding for culture and cuisine. Owner patissier Takeshi Saito, one of the presenters at “The World Cuisine Academic Meeting in Hakodate” creates original and colorful sweets that visually entertain as well as satisfy the palate..
- 21-2 Kondosekigoshi Hiroomote Akita-city Akita
- URL http://patisserie-stove.com/
- One of the best sushi places in Japan that serves fresh caught local fish as the core menu, plus Edo-style sushi that is simmered, marinated, pickled accordingly to the ingredients. With brilliant expertise, perfect taste is pursued with touches like adjusting different sushi vinegar depending on the fish, side dishes and nigiri sushi being served in perfect timing.
- 4-4-4 Omachi Akita-city Akita