- Japanese style ”onsen” hotel, situated in Nishiyama Onsen in Minamikoma-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture. It opened in 705 AD, and is recognized in the ”Guinness Book of Records” as the oldest accommodation facility in the world. Enjoy the old history of ”onsen”, with hot water welling at the rate of 1630 liters per minute, ranking among the highest in the nation.
- Nishiyama Onsen, Hayakawa-machi, Minamikoma-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL https://keiunkan.co.jp/en/
Rice wine of Yamanashi ”YorozuYa JouzouTen ShunNouTen”
- Uses hard water that flows from the South Japan Alps. The signature label ”ShunNouTen” was named after the poem by the famous poet Akiko Yosano, who described this place in her poem.
- 1201-1 Aoyagi-cho, Fujikawa-cho, Minamikoma-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.shunnoten.co.jp/
Using the blessings of nature ”Tanizakura Shuzo”
- ”Tanizakura”which uses subterranean water of Yatsugatake mountains is famous. A brewery with a history of more than 160 years.
- 2037 Yato, Oizumi-cho, Hokuto-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.tanizakura.co.jp/
Fujisan Onsen Hotel Kaneyamaen
- Beautiful view of Mt.Fuji from the ”open air bath Fujisan”. Mt. Fuji is considered a sacred mountain, and it has a different face from season to season. There is also a large Japanese garden.
- 6283 Kamiyoshida, Fujiyoshida-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.kaneyamaen.com/eng/
Fuefuki-gawa Onsen Zabo
- Standing quietly by the Fuefuki River, enjoy the ”onsen” hot spring pouring directly from its source.
- 2512 Enzanmikkaichiba, Kofu-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.fuefukigawaonsen.com/
Terrace of Winds KUKUNA
- Every room has a terrace that overlooks Mt. Fuji and Lake Kawaguchi.
- 70 Asakawa, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL https://kukuna.jp/language/
- Many fans from near and far come here to taste very spicy European style curry.
- 8240-3510 Nishiide, Oizumi-cho, Hokuto-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
Pork cutlet ”Riki”
- A renowned restaurant that has the original dish ”Koshu Motsuni” which is loved by many as a local speciality.
- Kairyudo Tsuchiya Building B1, 2-1-1 Marunouchi, Kofu-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
Nakamura Keith Haring Collection
- A collection specializing in pieces by Keith Haring. You can experience the strong energy of the artwork.
- 10249-7 Kobuchizawa-machi, Hokuto-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.nakamura-haring.com/en/
Yamanashi Prefectural Museum of Art
- A collection of many works of Millet including ”The Sower”.
- 1-4-27 Kugawa, Kofu-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.art-museum.pref.yamanashi.jp/english/
Guardian of Kai-country ”Takeda-jinja Shrine”
- A shrine founded on the grounds of ”Tsutsujigasaki no yakata”, where three generations of the Takeda warlord Family - Nobutora, Shingen, and Katsuyori - actually lived.
- 2611, Kofuchu-machi, Kofu-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.takedajinja.or.jp/
Creative Japanese cuisine Taiho
- Arrangement of local cuisine such as ”shio-houtou”and ”Fuji Sakuramasu-zushi” are popular.
- 865-21 Yamanaka, Yamanakako-mura, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.taihou-fuji.com/
Shosenkyo ”Museum of Shadowgraph”
- The world’s first shadowgraph museum, featuring pieces by Seiji Fujishiro.
- 1035-2 Takanari-cho, Kofu-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.kageenomori.jp/
Kawaguchi-ko Music Forest Museum
- Precious collection of mechanical instruments and music boxes including the world’s largest ”dance organ” .
- 3077-20 Kawaguchi-ko. Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://fuji.kawaguchikomusicforest.jp/
- Exquisite Italian cuisine made from Yamanashi brand pork and home grown ingredients.
- 3407-1 Funatsu, Fujikawaguchikomachi, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture
Ancient temple of Shingon sect ”Kashiosan Daizenji Temple”
- Enshrines the seated statue of ”Yakushi-Nyorai”(Buddha of medicine and healing) with a cluster of grapes in its hands. The temple has come to be called ”the birthplace of Koshu Grape”.
- 3559 Katsunuma, Katsunuma-cho, Koshu-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.katsunuma.ne.jp/~daizenji/
- Called ”the ocean of trees of Fuji”, it is said that once you step into it, you will never be able to come out. Designated as a National Natural Treasure, public access is available in certain areas.
- 4885 Kodachi, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Tsuru-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.outback-e.com/
”Minobusan Kuonji Temple” the head temple of Nichiren Sect
- Nichiren Shonin (Saint Nishiren) spent his last years here, and the temple was built as his grave in accordance to his will. It still remains to be a center of faith for its followers.
- 3567 Minobu, Minobu-cho, Minamikoma-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL https://www.kuonji.jp/english/entop.htm
A summer tradition of Fuefuki River ”Isawa Ukai Kachiu”
- A traditional fishing method that remains in Isawa, which is also a famous ”onsen” area. This method, using cormorants and fisherman going into the Fuefuki River on foot, is said to have a history of 800 years.
- 777 Ishibe Isawa-cho, Fuefuki-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture