A new culture of Japanese tea from Fukuroi, one of the oldest tea growing areas in Shizuoka – Kosuke Anma
Traditional vegetable of Kanazawa – Kaga renkon (lotus root) from Hasudayori
Expanding the potential of Japanese teas to the world – Ikeda Seicha
Doing what makes sense, leading the of slow food culture – Katsuhiko Takedomi, Yoshinou
Local bakery dedicated to freshly made bread – Boulangerie & Café Sunny Side
Born from “Local Production, Local Consumption” project in Tokushima – Kama Pan & Store
- A Russian restaurant always booked full with reservations. You can enjoy the genuine taste of Russian food such as Pirozhki and Borsch.
- 1-6-28 Minato, Wakkanai, Hokkaido Wakkanai Harbor Market, Yataimura
Mhe Mhe Bakery
- The bakery makes and sells bread made using local Hokkaido wheat flour and natural yeast made from local rye flour. They also try to use local and organic dried fruit, nuts, and milk products as much as possible.
- 233 Minehama, Shari-cho, Shari-gun, Hokkaido
- URL http://me-me-bakery.com/
- Senshuan is a confectionary store specializing in Japanese confectionary, Western confectionary, chocolate and ice-cream all made in their on-site factory. In particular, their Japanese confectionary has maintained the traditional methods, upholding the value of ”handmade” since the very beginning. This food culture is an important part of traditional Japanese art and craft.
- 3-17 Minami 3-Jo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- URL https://senshuan.co.jp/about/company-profile/honten/
- A very popular pastry store with delicate and colorful cakes made by a patissier trained in France.
- 1-15-20 Otowa-cho, Tomakomai, Hokkaido
Romance Farm, Koki Saito (Asparagus)
- Farming asparagus in Tarumae, Tomakomai City. Developing his own method of cultivating, his asparagus is very fresh and tasty, making it very popular.
- 90 Tarumae, Tomakomai, Hokkaido
- Italian restaurant in Sapporo. Enjoy dishes made mainly with products from Hokkaido with the perfect wine to pair with the Italian cuisine.
- Asuka Building 2F, 1, Minami 2-Jo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
- URL http://www.canofilo.jp/top.html
- A store specializing in apple pies, founded 28 years ago. The homemade apple pie made with local Hokkaido apples can be delivered from the store in Sapporo to any location in Japan.
- Ohata Building, 1-1, Higashi 8-chome, Kita 28-Jo Higashi, Higashi-ku, Sapporo
- URL http://www.kagurajyu.com/
Sapporo Agricultural School, Milk Cookie/ Kinotoya
- Using only flour, butter and plenty of fresh milk from Hokkaido, this cookie is luxurious. The light, melt in your mouth sensation and rich milk flavor is the pride of the store.
- 3-7-36 Higashi Inaho 5-Jo, Higashi-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.kinotoya.com/item/nougakkou/en/
Sushi Zen, Main Store
- Sushi Zen, Main Store is located in Maruyama where you can experience the beauty of the four seasons of the northern region. The restaurant has 3 counters ”Snow”, ”Moon”, ”Flower” and a reservation only ”Hanare (Separate building)”. In each room, you can enjoy sushi in a calm, quiet setting.
- 27-2-10 Kita 1-Jo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.sushizen.co.jp/tenpo/honten.php
Sushi Sai, Wakichi
- Located right next to Maruyama Park in Sapporo. A high-end sushi restaurant with only 8 seats and 2 Michelin stars in 2017.
- 25-1-22 Minami 2-Jo Nishi, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- A top restaurant certified by the world famous Relais & Chateaux in 2014. You can enjoy French cuisine using produce from Hokkaido while viewing Maruyama Park.
- Lafayette Miyagaoka 1F, 2-1-1 Miyagaoka, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.sapporo-moliere.com/
- Michelin Guide Hokkaido 2012 Special Edition 1 star restaurant. The owner goes to the market and farms himself to carefully select ingredients. A restaurant where you can enjoy excellent tempura at the counter.
- 23-10 Suginami-cho, Sapporo, Hokkaido
Furano Deli, Main Store
- A confectionary store located in Furano, famous for its milk custard. The milk products which are made from fresh milk have a different richness each season. Each piece of confectionary has the owner’s strong commitment - ”I want customers to be able to enjoy confectionary with fresh ingredients from Furano and Hokkaido in a casual setting, as if our shop was located next door to your home.”
- 2156-1 Shimogoryo, Furano, Hokkaido
- URL https://www.le-nord.com/
Genghis Khan, Daikokuya
- Leading restaurant in Asahikawa City specializing in Genghis Khan. They serve fresh, high quality, tender lamb such as chuck meat from less than 1 year old lamb called ”Raw Lamb”, rib rack called ”Thick Cut Rib”, raw lamb marinated with herb and rock salt called ”Herbed Raw Lamb”. You can enjoy top quality lamb with the restaurant’s special sauce and vegetables from Hokkaido.
- 7 4-Jo Street, Asahikawa, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.daikoku-jgs.com/
- Confectionary store ”Kitakaro” is located in the vast landscape of the North. Their popular ”Baumkuchen” is made with flour, egg and whipping cream from Hokkaido, each made carefully by the artisans. Many people from all over Japan come in search of this Baumkuchen.
- 19-2-1 Nishi 1-Jo Kita, Sunagawa, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.kitakaro.com/
Yokoshi Fromage Tei
- Their motto in making the cheese is ”Safe and secure for the family to eat”. The cheese is made from only the healthiest dairy cows raised in the rich natural environment of Ashibetsu City. The fresh cheese without preservatives and food coloring has a rich taste, and you can also taste the sweetness of the milk.
- 1077 Honmachi, Ashibetsu, Hokkaido (behind Ashibetsu station)
- URL http://yokoichicheese.com/
- Valore is a ”Natural Food Restaurant of Hokkaido” quietly standing in the beautiful city of Biei surrounded by nature and pine forest. The Italian cuisine with fresh vegetables grown in the northernmost grounds brings out the taste of the ingredients to the utmost, and letting you experience the nature of Hokkaido through your taste buds.
- Kyosei Misawa, Biei, Kamikawa-gun, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.biei-valore.com/home.html
Kawakami Agricultural Experiment Station
- Kawakami Agricultural Experiment Station was established as Chubetsu Crop Testing Laboratory in Meiji 9, and began prototyping and researching agricultural crops. They have developed numerous excellent varieties and cultivation techniques, and now they are conducting experimental studies on rice, farming and horticulture.
- 5 Minami 1-sen, Pippu, Kamikawa-gun, Hokkaido
- URL https://www.hro.or.jp/en/index.html
- An Italian restaurant in a quiet residential area. The owner chef, Miyashita, carefully selects ingredients not only from Hokkaido but also around the nation to provide delicate dishes that maximizes the quality of the ingredients.
- Sonia Futagoyama 4F, 30205 Futagoyama, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- Opened in 2011 as a sister restaurant to Le Venter. They welcome guests with Limoges plates and Christofle cutleries. You can bring in wine from the wine store next door!
- Brick Building 1F, 4 Kita 2-Jo Higashi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- URL http://la-brique.com/
- Ristorante Andrea advertises as pure Italian restaurant. Seating is with reservation only and there is no menu. The chef is officially recognized for his true Italian Piemonte regional cuisine which can only be tasted here.
- 3-2-42 Futagoyama, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- URL http://ristorante-andrea.com/index.html
- A French restaurant produced by leading chef, Kiyomi Mikuni. You can enjoy the depth and luxury of the food prepared to maximize the true flavors of the seasonal ingredients from Hokkaido. Located in Sapporo Stella Place 9F, directly connected to the station.
- JR Tower Hotel Nikko Sapporo, Stella Place 9F, 5 Nishi 2-chome, Kita 5-Jo, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- French restaurant located in Minami Maruyama, Sapporo, Hokkaido. The best quality French cuisine made by experienced chef Masaaki Yokosuka who was the head chef at “Michel Bras Toya Japon“ in The Windsor Hotel Toya.
- N2 Building B1, 26-3-8 Kita 3-Jo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.miya-vie.jp/
- A top quality ”Kaiseki” restaurant, “Mieta” is located in the Susukino area of Sapporo. There are only 10 counter seats, offering a quiet, serene ambience. Awarded a Michelin, the restaurant is considered the number one Japanese restaurant in Sapporo.
- 23 Keiwa Building 4F, Minami 5-Jo, Nishi 3, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
Shibuta Sangyo ”Ezo Maitake”
- The biggest characteristic of Maitake mushroom is the crunchiness and the texture. “Ezo Maitake” is an attractive mushroom using selected spores with a thick, meaty cap and big stem that can stand up to wild varieties.
- URL http://www.ezomaitake.com/
Hakodate Morning Market
- Hakodate Morning Market is one of three large markets in Hakodate. It is a wonderland filled with famous Hokkaido Crab, restaurants, and fruit and vegetable markets. The Free Market and Nakashima Kenbai is a local favorite, as well as a popular tourist spot. Many people visit to purchase seasonal ingredients, fresh fish and vegetables, and souvenirs.
- URL http://www.hakodate-asaichi.com/
- Umeno Sushi is located on Sakura dori in Hakodate, famous for its cherry blossoms. Uses seasonal ingredients from Funka Bay and Hakodate. The chef’s “Omakase “ (chef’s choice) costs 3,675 yen, allowing you to thoroughly enjoy the fresh fish and seafood from Hokkaido at an affordable price.
- URL http://umenozushi.co.jp/
Hakodate Kouno LABO
- Hakodate area is known as the pioneer for agriculture and livestock in Hokkaido. “Hakodate Kohno Kosha LABO Ltd” was founded as a way to secede from the a production system that placed priority on efficiency rather than quality. The base product of the company is milk from cows grown by livestock farmers in the Izumo area in Hokkaido. They feed the cows with Non-GM, PHCF (grass that is not sprayed with chemicals after the harvest). The beauty and the wealth of the land connects the grass, the cows, the milk, and humans in a single loop.
- URL https://www.hakolabo.jp/
Hakodate Fisheries Cooperative, Spear Squid
- The harbor of Hakodate was one of the first to open to foreign trade, and has continued to develop as an entry point for the northern region as well as a base for the fishing industry in the northern oceans. Hakodate Fisheries Cooperative provides high quality products from the ocean via Hakodate, one of the best harbors in Hokkaido. They deliver delicious treasures from the ocean such as spear squid, salmon, octopus, sea urchin, ”kombu” and ”gagome kombu” to destinations all throughout Japan.
Enoteca La Ricolma
- Italian restaurant in Tomioka Town in Hakodate. Dinner is by reservation only, and you can select a course menu priced at 6000 yen or 8900 yen. Dishes use mainly products from Hokkaido, and wines can also be recommended for the best pairing.
- Nukumi was awarded 3 Michelin stars and is a top Japanese restaurant in Hokkaido. They gather delicious ingredients from all over Japan, creating delicious dishes with their professional skills.
- Dining Sapporo 3F, 3-3 Minami 3-Jo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
Grain Merchant, ”Beniya Hasegawaten”
- ”Beniya Hasegawaten” was founded by first generation Shigeru Hasegawa in 1926. During the first years, they sold not only beans and other daily products, but also wild animals (fox, mink, skunk, rabbit, bear etc.) caught by farmers. Now, they sell mostly local varieties of beans, very few of which are still in existence.
- 2-14 Kotobuki-cho, Engaru-cho, Monbetsu-gun, Hokkaido
- URL http://beniyahasegawa.cart.fc2.com/
- Kanehiko is a ”kamaboko” store in Sapporo established in Taisho 7. They have been preserving the traditional Japanese method of making ”kamaboko” and other minced products for about 90 years, also preserving the taste of old traditional ”Kamaboko” by not using any preservatives.
- 1-2-26 Higashi Sapporo 6-Jo, Shiroishi-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.kanehiko.jp/
Charcoal BBQ Hassen 2nd branch
- A salt flavored Genghis Khan restaurant in Sapporo. They serve selected quality lamb chuck meat flavored with a special salt. The flavor of the meat is emphasized by grilling the meat with ”binchotan” coal. The best way to eat the popular dish ”gyutoro don”, is to use the optional wild ”wasabi”.
- Bestol Minami Ohdori, 13-4-62, Minami 1-Jo Nishi, Sapporo, Hokkaido
L’Auberge de L’ll Sapporo
- The freestanding L’Auberge de L’ll Sapporo is located in the Maruyama area in Sapporo amongst natural surroundings that is beautiful each season. Following the idealism of ”local product, local consumption” from their main restaurant in Alsace, they serve top quality French cuisine using the best ingredients from Hokkaido with skilled technique.
- 28-3-1 Minami 1-Jo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- URL https://www.hiramatsurestaurant.jp/eng/aubergedelill-sapporo/
Biratori-cho Agricultural Cooperative, Executive Director Hiroshi Nakayama (Biratori Tomato/ Momotaro)
- Biratori town is the largest producer of tomatoes in Hokkaido, and they are active in tomato cultivation. They produce a variety called ”Momotaro” which is shipped all over Japan as ”Biratori tomato”. This variety is not disease tolerant and is hard to cultivate, but is delicious with a high sugar content, so demand is growing every year.
- 121-7 Nina, Biratori-cho, Saru-gun, Hokkaido
- Furano Marche is a facility based on the Furano City Central Revitalization Plan. It consists of 4 zones - ”Farmers Market Ogal”, ”Sweets Café Savor”, ”Furano Produce Center Arjun” and ”Take Out Shop Fura-dish”, and fulfills the important role of communicating information to ”Get to Know Furano”.
- 13-1 Saiwai-cho, Furano, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.furano.ne.jp/marche/top.asp
Furano Cheese Factory
- The cheese factory is surrounded by beautiful birch trees, and visitors can observe cheese making and maturation through glass windows. The shop on the 2nd floor has a tasting corner and sells cheese and confectionary made with the milk and butter produced on-site. It is a factory that can be enjoyed by children as well as adults.
- Naka 5-ku, Furano, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.furano-cheese.jp/
Takeda Farm, Chiharu Takeda (Etto Potato ”Red Andes”)
- Takeda Farm, located at the foot of the Taisetsu Mountain range, has been farming with organic fertilizer in order to reduce agricultural fertilizer for 25 years. The ”Etto Potato” that Chiharu Takeda makes is higher in sugar content than standard potatoes, and has a smoother taste. This is due to the low temperature maturation achieved by storing the potatoes which are harvested in the autumn, in an underground cellar over the winter.
- Bieikyowa, Misawa, Biei, Kamikawa-gun, Hokkaido
Fratello Di Mikuni
- Fratello Di Mikuni has a majestic close-up view of Taisetsu Mountain. A French restaurant created by the French cuisine master; Kiyomi Mikuni and Hokkaido-Italian chef Hideki Horikawa. All the ingredients are selected from local products, and guests can enjoy the highest quality cuisine that can only be experienced in this location.
- Kikusui Asahigaoka, Kamikawa-cho, Kamikawa-gun, Hokkaido
- URL http://fratello-di-mikuni.com/english/index.php
Crispy Crepe/ Santa Chubo
- The crème caramel from Aoyama Chubo is made by carefully blending ”Machimura Milk” from Ebetsu, ”Jersey Milk” from Tokachi also known as the golden milk, fertile eggs from Yuni Town known for free range chicken, and sugar beet from Eastern Hokkaido. It is certainly the Golden Creme Caramel with the flavors of the top quality Hokkaido produce concentrated into each serving.
- 25-18 Bokujo-machi, Ebetsu, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.aosanta.jp/
Tapu Kopu Farm, KONDO Vineyard Ryosuke Kondo
- Kondo Vineyard is actually a farm in the Sorachi area of Hokkaido, growing mainly grapes for wine. Since opening the vineyard in 2007, they continue to cultivate grapes without using chemical fertilizers. The wine produced here is rare because of the limited production, and sells out each vintage quickly sells out.
- 842-13 Kawanai, Mikasa, Hokkaido
- URL http://www10.plala.or.jp/kondo-vineyard/
Futaba Co. Ltd,. Noodle ”RuRu Rosso”
- Established in Showa 36, ”RuRu Rosso” was created with a groundbreaking approach to pasta production with the ideal of using local ingredients. Their noodles have the texture similar to Italian pasta, and remains al dente longer. They are proud to have created a pasta which has been recognized as ”Hokkaido High grade Foods 2013”.
- 2-3-6 Sakaemachi, Rumoi, Hokkaido
- URL http://www.futaba-seimen.com/
Shige Aoki（rice：”Yume Pirika”、”Kirara397”）
- Shige Aoki is the chairman of the product promotion for ”Yume Pirika” rice and is active in spreading the brand throughout Japan. ”Yume Pirika” is a quality rice with a nice blend of stickiness and sweetness that has a beautiful polish when cooked.
- 16-105, Nagayama-cho, Asahikawa, Hokkaido
Tatehana Quay Morning Market
- The Hachinohe Port in Hachinohe City, Aoyama, has one of the largest catches in Japan including squid and mackerel. Located in the large Tatehana Quay”, ”Tatehana Quay Morning Market” is held every Sunday during the months of March through December, and is open from dawn.
- 3 Shinminato, Hachinohe, Aomori
- URL http://www.ukipal.jp/web_asaichi/tatehana/top/
Senyou Main Store
- There is no menu at the main store of Senyou in Hachinohe, Aomori, and there is only a chef’s choice course. Enjoy the fresh, locally harvested seasonal seafood and local cuisine in the style distinct to Senryou.
- 8 Tsutsumicho, Hachinohe, Aomori
- URL http://hachinohe-senyou.com/
Yoshida Bakery Mont Blanc Main Store
- Yoshida Bakery is synonymous with ”anbata”(sweet bean paste and butter). It was created in 1967, about 12 years after the bakery’s opening. The simple bread with sweet bean paste and butter sandwiched between additive-free bread is a heartwarming soul food. Yoshida Bakery is a hometown bakery which continues to be loved the locals.
- 9-25 Shinmachi, Mutsushi, Aomori
Tsugaru Soba of Hirosaki, ”No no An”
- ”No no An” began serving Tsugaru ”soba” at the end of the Edo era when the founder, Yoshichi Sato went to Shinagawa Battery with Tsugaru clan samurai and artillerist, Yoshinori Iwata, whom he also worked for. The shop has been making Tsugaru ”soba” with buckwheat flour made from a once extinct native plant, using a traditional method. They are proud of the ”soba’s” texture and flavor.
- 57 Gojikkokumachi, Hirosaki, Aomori
- URL http://hirosaki-nonoan.com/english.html
”Kiseki no Ringo” (Miracle Apples)
- Following more than 10 years of experimentation, Aomori apple farmer Akinori Kimura successfully cultivated pesticide free apples, a feat which was believed to be absolutely impossible. These apples, called ”Kiseki no Ringo” or ”Miracle Apples”, became the focus of attention at the time. Kimura continues to produce apples, but also holds seminars for the next generation of instructors in natural farming methods.
- 2-8-6 Hachimancho, Hirosaki, Aomori
Osteria Enoteca Da Sasino
- Sasamori, the owner of Osteria Enoteca Da Sasino, trained in Italy for 2 and a half years at two star Michelin restaurants such as ”Dorada” and ”Arnolfo”. When he turned 30, he decided to open an Italian restaurant in Hirosaki. Sasamori not only cooks his own food, but produces his own vegetables, prosciutto, cheese and wine, starting from the ingredients. This attracted attention from all over the country, leading to numerous exposure in the media. He was awarded both a gold and silver at the 2014 Japan Cheese Award. He was also was awarded Bronze Class at the ”Cooking Masters”, the cooking honor system created by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Grace Honcho 2F, 56-8 Honcho, Hirosaki, Aomori
- URL http://dasasino.com/
- Homura an eatery where you can thoroughly enjoy a good drink. Preparing dishes which draw out the flavor of the many local seasonal ingredients, Homura serves many dishes which can only be enjoyed at this establishment.
- 1-1-30 Ichibancho, Hachinohe, Aomori
- Handmade ”soba” shop, ”Banchoan” is located in the center of Hachinohe city, serving ”soba” and ”appetizers that pairs well with sake”. They serve ”kuichi soba” where the ”soba” flour and split flour are mixed at a ratio of 9 to 1. ”Gensoba” is cleaned, polished and skinned, then ground with a stone mortar to create ”soba” flour. The ”soba” buckwheat is sourced from Hokkaido, Yamagata, Akita or Aizu. The characteristic of the resulting ”soba” flour is carefully observed, to select the best combination for the best tasting ”soba”.
- 23 Bancho, Hachinohe, Aomori
- URL http://www.banchouan.com/
- Sushi Ichi is a first class Edo-style ”sushi” restaurant, possibly the best ”sushi” shop in Aomori. With uncompromising eye for detail, only the best ingredients are selected and prepared with ingenious craftsmanship, making this shop a first rate sushi restaurant.
- 4-4-15 Honcho, Aomori, Aomori
- The tavern ”Inageya” is located one street oceanside from Aomori Hotel, a 15 minute walk from Aomori Station. Proudly serving seafood from Oomamachi, Aomori. Sometimes, the fish caught just that day is served, so you can count on having the freshest fish.
- 2-3-9 Aoyagi, Aomori, Aomori
- There is no fixed menu here. Instead, a menu is created daily to feature the seasonal flavors of Tsugaru, to accommodate the various set menus. Lunch 2,100 yen, Kaishoku Lunch 3,150 yen, Chef’s Selection Dinner (Sakura) 4,200 yen, Chef’s Selection Dinner (Neputa) 5,250 yen, Chef’s Selection Dinner (Yuki) 7,250 yen.
- 55-4 Okeyamachi, Hirosaki, Aomori
Tsugaru Roman, Koji Shirato
- As the name implies, ”Tsugaru Roman” is a brand of rice being made in Aomori Prefecture. The rice is planted mainly in the central zone of Tsugaru with a view of Tsugaru Fuji, ”Mount Iwaki”, as well as the northwest region of Tsugaru, and the inland southern plains where the weather and the soil conditions are suitable. Genealogy-wise, ”Tsugaru Roman” is the grandchild of ”Koshihikari” and the child of ”Akitakomachi”. It inherits strong characterics from ”Akitakomachi” but it has a lighter, more gentle taste.
Charcoal-broil Tavern Omoro
- ”Izakaya” introduced by a local ”sake” brewery. This ”izakaya” has a large assortment of Japanese ”sake”; normally about 20 labels, famous ones as well as precious rarities. Their pairing recommendations, matching ”sake” to the season as well as Japanese or Western food and/or food from different genre are much appreciated.
- 2-37 Shinsakaemachi Tegata Akita-city Akita
- A restaurant where you can eat “horumon yakisoba” with grilled innards that have been boiled down in special sauce for 2 whole days. Ever since the restaurant opened in 1957, the shop has gained popularity in Yokote with its headline dish,“horumon yakisoba,”with its straight ”kakumen” noodles and tender beef innards, which the majority of customers order.
- 23-1 Sanmaibashi Maegou Yokote-city Akita
- A bakery that uses “Shirakami Kodama yeast”discovered in the Shirakami mountains, located by the prefecture border between Akita and Aomori. More than 30 different types of bread, ranging from the fragrant hard-type wheat bread to deli-bread and pastries topped with fresh fruit line their shelves daily. The bakery stands by the National highway overlooking the Sea of Japan, a perfect place to stop while out for a drive.
- 23-8 Yunoshiri Hachimori Happocho Yamamotogun Akita
Japanese Confectionary store Tsujiya
- A well established Japanese confectionary store founded in Omagari Senkita Akita during the Edo period, Tsujiya has been making traditional confectionery “tofu kamaboko” “tofu castela“ “sanbaimochi” over 5 generations, for more than 130 years. ”Tofu kamaboko” is made by steaming a mixture of tofu and white fish meat into a dome-shape and in fact not so sweet, and is often served as an accompaniment to tea and at ceremonial occasions, and has been a local favorite for a long time.
- 1-20 Nakadorimachi Oomagari Daisen-city Akita
- URL http://www.akita-tsujiya.jp/
- A local sweets maker that makes numerous original products such as the unique ”karinto” which is twisted, making it easier for the brown sugar syrup to coat the entire snack; and fresh cream ”dorayaki” each of which are made by hand. The ”dorayaki” is available in 5 flavors - ”ogura” bean paste, ”matcha”, strawberry, sesame and chocolate.
- 2-6 Dannohira Ogata Kakunodatemachi Senboku-city Akita
- URL http://www.yukarido.com/
- A restaurant located in Kakunodate, also known as the ”little Kyoto” of Michinoku, serving original dishes based on Japanese cuisine with French, Italian and Asian twists. The restaurant achieves perfection with the heartfelt service by the female owner known as ”Smile”, and the carefully prepared dishes.
- 12 Nakamachi Kakunodatemachi Senboku-city Akita
- A cozy, warm-lit ”izakaya” where you can enjoy creative dishes made with local ingredients, along with carefully selected local Akita ”sake”. Their daily recommendation consists of dishes such as local fresh sashimi, well known Akita Hinai-brand chicken, a limited 15 servings of handmade ”soba”, etc. The “gasshozukuri” steep rafter roof is their landmark.
- 6-9 1 chome Sanno Akita-city Akita
- URL http://www.syuhai.com/
Sosaku chubo Bistro Amour
- A 15 year-old Western-style ”izakaya” that offers reasonably priced dishes made by their chef with a “Professional Western cuisine license” issued by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Dishes using amino-acid abundant Japanese “short-horn Kazuno beef” have even been introduced on TV and have been attracting attention.
- 154-5 Hanawa Hanawashita Kazuno-city Akita
- URL http://hitosara.com/0006010229/
ENOTECA olmo del Caucaso
- An Italian restaurant on Keyaki street situated between Yabase Sports Park, Akita’s center of sports, and the city hall. Authentic Italian made with locally produced ingredients plus an amazing selection of wine! During the spring, the view of the lined zelkova trees are beautiful, appeasing the appetite as well as the eyes.
- 1F 1-6-20 Sanno Akita-city Akita
- The origin of “kiritanpo” is said to be a preserved food eaten cooked with hunted pheasant and plants picked from the mountains during the hunting season. At Ganso Murasaki, “tanpo” made with carefully selected ”Akitakomachi” rice and locally grown vegetables is served with chicken broth taken from Hinai chicken. 1 tanpo is equivalent to 2 1/2 rice bowls of rice, which should be enough to satisfy your appetite!
- 12-9 Saiwaicho Odate-city Akita
- URL http://www.tanpo.jp/
- A “yakiniku” restaurant in business for more than half a century, with a vision of “being the best chosen “yakiniku” restaurant in Akita.” Proud to be a part of the meat industry, the restaurant has strived to offer the best service to its customers. Here, you can consume Akita’s best premium Kuroge wagyu“Ugo” beef and fresh local products in a renovated, century-old sake brewery, which has been recycled leaving the features of the original building and recreating it in modern style. 3-minute walk from Akita station.
- 2F Creo Building New-Kinzagai 2-6-44 Nakadori Akita-city Akita
- URL http://www.akitagyugentei.com/
- A sweets shop conscious of being a “gastronomy patisserie,” with a challenging spirit for making confectionery with an understanding for culture and cuisine. Owner patissier Takeshi Saito, one of the presenters at “The World Cuisine Academic Meeting in Hakodate” creates original and colorful sweets that visually entertain as well as satisfy the palate..
- 21-2 Kondosekigoshi Hiroomote Akita-city Akita
- URL http://patisserie-stove.com/
- One of the best sushi places in Japan that serves fresh caught local fish as the core menu, plus Edo-style sushi that is simmered, marinated, pickled accordingly to the ingredients. With brilliant expertise, perfect taste is pursued with touches like adjusting different sushi vinegar depending on the fish, side dishes and nigiri sushi being served in perfect timing.
- 4-4-4 Omachi Akita-city Akita
Yamagata Marugoto kan, Beni no Kura
- Yamagata Marugoto kan - Beni no Kura, is located in the main street of Toka-machi in Yamagata City. It is a collection of dining and direct sales shops where visitors can enjoy Yamagata’s food and culture. An information booth provides information for tourists, and the building is styled after a brewery house, providing a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere full of Yamagata’s seasonal attractions.
- 2-1-8 Tokamachi, Yamagata
- URL http://www.beninokura.com/
- Inoue Farm is located in Shonai plain, surrounded by Mt. Chokaizan and Mt. Gassan, and cultivates rice and vegetables. They use fertilizer that complies with JAS regulation, and minimal pesticides to deliver fresh rice and vegetables directly from their farm to the stores. Their naturally sweet and juicy tomatoes are one of their top selling produce.
- 14 Hakusanmae, Watamae, Tsuruokashi, Yamagata
- URL http://inoue.farm/
Teuchi Suisha Kisoba
- Traditional ”soba” shop established in the Edo era. The large water mill, the shop’s symbol, turns the stone mortar and grinds the buckwheat to make ”soba” flour. ”Soba” noodles made from carefully blended homemade ”soba” flour attracts not only locals, but also fans from all over Japan.
- 1-3-26 Kamata Honcho, Tendo, Yamagata
- URL http://www.suisyasoba.com/
Teuchi Jinengo Soba
- The town of Oishidamachi, is located along the Mogami River and is famous for ”soba”. ”Teuchi Jinengo Soba” serves hand made ”soba” noodles made using homegrown buckwheat (”soba”) that is also milled on site. Customers can enjoy the natural taste of simply cooked ”soba” noodles.
- 75 Jinengo, Oishida-machi, Kitamurayama-gun, Yamagata
- Kawashima uses Hinai free range chicken raised in the Shonai region of Yamagata for their dishes. They also offer an excellent selection of ”sake”. Customers can enjoy original menu items that use carefully selected ingredients.
- 1F-B Hokuto Bldg., 3-2-25 Nanukamachi, Yamagata-shi, Yamagata
- Haikarasan Dori is a cafe in the ”onsen” town of Ginzan Onsen, nestled among the mountains in Obanazawa City. ”Haikarasan’s Curry Bread” which uses Yamagata produced flour, is very popular.
- 451 Ginzan Shinbata, Obanazawa, Yamagata
- URL http://www.meiyuu.com/haikara/index.htm
Ai to Pan
- Ai to Pan is a local bakery which uses homemade natural yeast fermented from fruit seeds. No additives are used, and their carefully baked bread is very popular with both children and adults.
- 1-1-14 Matsugasaki, Yonezawashi, Yamagata
- Senrian is a ”soba” shop located within a quiet woodland close to Shirataka town, near the Mogami River. The restaurant is housed in an old Japanese-style house, and serves 100 percent buckwheat ”soba” noodles using ”soba” flour from Yamatomachi, Fukushima.
- 1656 Hirono, Shirataka-machi, Nishiokitama-gun, Yamagata
- URL http://www.dewa.or.jp/gami/
Yonezawa Beef Farmer, Seiji Ito
- Seiji Ito is involved in agriculture and livestock farming in the Sasano Region of Yonezawa City where he raises Yonezawa Beef brand cattle with his family. Placing emphasis on the importance of day-to-day care of their livestock, the cattle are given homemade feed and straw in order to produce the most flavorful beef with the optimal marbled texture.
- Yonezawa City, Yamagata
Isukia Italian Restaurant
- The name Isukia comes from the Isukia Island in the Gulf of Naples in Italy. Isukia is the first restaurant in the Tohoku region to have passed the strict test of Italy’s ”Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana”and serves certifiably authentic Neapolitan pizza.
- 37-7 Kawabata, Haguromachi Osaeguchi, Tsuruoka, Yamagata
- URL http://honamikaido.com/
Abe Kamabokoten Honten
- A well established shop selling ”sasa kamaboko” in Sendai. The main shop is located in the shopping arcade adjacent to Sendai station. Long lines form even during the week for the every popular ”Hyotan-age”, a steamed ”kamaboko” deep-fried in slightly sweet batter.
- 2-3-18 1F Chuo, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://www.abekama.co.jp/
Hakuryu, Main Store
- The first shop to serve ”Morioka Jajamen”, one of Morioka’s three great noodles. This is a local gourmet dish using a secret recipe meat ”miso”, cucumber, and green onion on warm ”udon” noodles with a dash of chili oil and garlic. It is also popular to finish off the meal with Zhidan soup by saving a single helping of noodles, and adding broth and a beaten egg.
- 5-15 Uchimaru, Moriokashi
Miyako City ”Gyosai” Market
- There are a wide variety of shops at the Miyako City ”Gyosai”(fish and vegetable) Market, including seafood shops selling fresh seafood from the Sanriku coast which is known for being one of the most bountiful fishing grounds in Japan, fruit shops and shops selling delicacies from the mountains. An abundance of products from each season is available, such as sea urchin, abalone, saury, salmon roe, and ”Matsumo” seaweed. You can request home delivery service, so the products are perfect gifts.
- 1-１ Satsukicho, Miyako, Iwate
- URL http://www.gyosai.jp/
- Sekiguchiya Kashiho is a traditional confectionery shop that makes and sells Morioka sweets, originally created as a preserved food in the cold region. They use ingredients such as ”mochi” rice, beans, molasses, and sugar syrup to make traditional local sweets like ”Tankiri”, Ginger candy, and ”Karame mochi”. The sweets are also popular as gifts for children since no artificial preservatives or additives are used.
- 2-3 Shimeicho, Morioka, Iwate
- Everybody in Morioka knows the traditional Fukuda Bakery. Customers can choose from 50 types of fillings such as peanuts, bean paste, whipped cream, and jam for their own, customized soft ”Koppepan” type of bread. *Every item is handmade and may sell out early.
- 12-11 Nagatacho, Morioka, Iwate
Genkiya, Morioka Shop
- Takagenseibaku Corporation manages ”Genkiya”. The company is known for raising and selling ”Hakkinton” or platinum pork. They carefully select the feed, raise the pork with care, and create delicious dishes to draw out the flavor of the Hakkinton pork. The ”shabu shabu” and ”Hakkinton tender kakuni” are memorable dishes that are hard to forget.
- 3-4-1 Odori, 2F Cross Terrace Bldg., Morioka, Iwate
- URL https://morioka.genkiya.co.jp/
Marukan Department Store
- Marukan Department Store is located in Hanamaki City. The large cafeteria has more than 200 items on the menu and is a favorite gathering point for locals. An especially popular item is the 10 layered soft serve ice cream. It is a local custom to eat the tall ice cream with chopsticks.
- 6-2 Kamicho, Marukan Bldg. 6F, Hanamaki, Iwate
- URL http://www.marukan-group.jp/live/department/
- A well established restaurant that serves ”reimen” or cold noodles, one of the three great noodles of Morioka. Many fans order the cold, transparent and chewy hand-rolled noodles dipped in the slowly stewed, full-bodied soup. Customers can choose from 7 levels of spiciness.
- World In GEN Plaza 2F, 15-5 Moriokaekimaedori, Morioka, Iwate
- URL http://www.gen-plaza.com/seiroukaku/01.htm
Cafe & Diner, Cocokana
- Cokokana is a cafe located on the street in front of Tono station. They use seasonal ingredients harvested locally for their dishes, and also serve sweets. This is an ideal spot for a rest when exploring the Toya area, the setting for many folklore.
- 2-1 Chuo-Dori, Tono, Iwate
- Zen specializes in the best tasting ”unagi” or eel. Live ”unagi” is fished from the tank after an order is placed, processed, and grilled slowly over charcoal. Customers can also enjoy fresh seafood caught from the Sanriku coast, which is a treasure chest of fresh and high quality ingredients, or vegetables harvested from local mountains.
- 1-1-2 Saien, Morioka, Iwate
- A Korean style barbeque restaurant where one can enjoy Maezawa beef from Oshu City. Enjoy fresh and juicy beef which has been locally sourced. Advanced reservations are recommended.
- 2-11 Fukuro-Machi Mizusawa-Ku, Oshu, Iwate
- URL http://www.yakiniku-ryuen.com/
Azumaya Honten (Main Store)
- Azumaya is a long established ”soba”shop where they serve ”Wanko Soba”, a noodle traditionally served at celebratory occasions in Iwate. Customers are given a bowl with a small amount of ”soba”, and when that is empty, the server will keep filling the bowl saying, ”hai jan-jan” until the customer asks them to stop. Enjoy a truly delicious Morioka tradition that locals are proud of.
- 1-8-3 Nakanohashidori, Morioka, Iwate
- URL http://www.wankosoba-azumaya.co.jp/foreigner/english/index.html
Heartful Land Jersey Farm Co., Ltd,
- Produces and sells original dairy products made using only the milk of jersey cows which are reared attentively on a rich pasture. Milk, yogurt, ice cream and creamy caramel candies are sold, offering a taste of the true richness of jersey milk. The milk is also used for ”extra rich jersey yogurt liqueur, made by Niisawa Jozoten.
- 78-3 Dosojin Tajirinumabe, Osaki-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://jersey.shop-pro.jp/
- An Italian restaurant with the motto ”Never forget to thank nature, the producers, and the customers”. Serves dishes using the choicest ingredients of each season, either home grown or procured from local farmers.
- Espacio Mukaiyama 1F, 2-2-1 Mukaiyama, Taihaku-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi
Beef Tongue Speciality Restaurant; Tsukasa Torayoko-ten
- Thick cut yet surprisingly tender beef tongue which is roasted slowly with oak charcoal from Iwate. Only the tender part of the highest quality Australian beef tongue is used after maturing. A wide range of beef tongue dishes are available, including uncured ham made of beef tongue, a hard to find delicacy.
- Torayoko Building 2F, 4-4-6 Ichibancho, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://www.gyutan-tsukasa.co.jp/en/index.html
- A cake shop in Kesennuma with 50 years of history. Apart from the popular cakes like swiss rolls, they have products that reflect local specialties such as ”fukahire purin” which uses shark fins (fukahire) for which Kesennuma has the highest catches in Japan, ”Kesennuma specialty Hoya Boya Sable” named after the local mascot, ”Shibukino Mai” which uses locally produced salt, and ”Kesennuma Monogatari” named after the origin of Kesennuma.
- 247-3 Matsuzaki Kitazawa, Kesennuma-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://gateauxsaitou.com/
PADRINO DEL SHOZAN
- An Italian restaurant which creates flavorful dishes using seasonal delicacies of the sea and land from all over the country. You can enjoy the dishes, which have a refined taste, aroma and texture, together with the choicest wine selected by a sommelier, and attentive service.
- 2-1-50 Kamisugi, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://www.shozankan.com/padrino-del-shozan
Shiogama Sushi Tetsu, Honten
- A well established ”sushi” restaurant that has attracted many people in the town of Shiogama which is known as ”the best sushi town in Japan”. The ”sushi” made from fresh fish from the Sanriku Sea, prepared with perfect balance, and served on ”Arita-yaki” dishware is pleasing to both the eye and palate.
- 2-22 Kaigan Dori, Shiogama-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://www.shiogama-sushitetsu.com/
Taishuu Shokudo Tsuka Yu
- Tome-shi produces a lot of ”aburafu” which is made from deep frying wheat gluten in vegetable oil. The restaurant was founded in 1922, and its specialty is ”aburafu don”, which is made from ”aburafu” and chicken eggs. ”Aburafu don” is gaining popularity as a healthy, tasty, inexpensive dish.
- 103 Teraike Sakurakoji, Toyomamachi, Tome-shi, Miyagi
Kamaboko Honpo, Takamasa Onagawa Honten ”Mangoku no Sato”
- Kamaboko Honpo Takanawa sells freshly baked or fried ”kamaboko”, including items exclusive to the Onagawa shop, and boxed assortments. You can experience ”sasa kamaboko” making and tour the Mangoku fully electric factory (first fully electric factory in the industry). Enjoy every aspect of ”kamaboko” at this facility.
- 21 Urashukuhama, Hamada, Onagawa-machi, Oshika-gun, Miyagi
- URL http://www.takamasa.net/mangoku.php
- A ”kamaboko” shop which has continued to use traditional methods since its foundation in 1972. It is famous for ”kichiji” which is a ”kamaboko” made from an expensive fish, and has a distinct texture that draws out the savory taste of the fish. The shop was damaged in the Great East Japan Earthquake, but has now resumed production and sales.
- 1-9-11 Chuo, Ishinomaki-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://sasakama.co.jp/
- Using cream cheese and cream produced in Zao and other select local ingredients, they make and sell cheesecake (”Kai”, ”Minori” Fruits Basket, Double Fromage), Fluffy Snow Pudding and Chu Pudding in mayonnaise tubes (which sold 2000 per day at a highway rest stop), all of which are very popular items.
- 1-20-4 Miyachiyo, Miyagino-ku. Sendai-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://morinoka.jp/
Yonezawa beef barbecue Sendai Kotora Sendai Station Branch
- A restaurant specializing in Yonezawa beef, a brand of beef highly recognized nationwide. Yonezawa beef, which is raised with great care in the unique climate of the Yamagata Okitama area by stock farmers, has a very fine quality and marbling that melts on your tongue. The meat is served at its best, with attention to details such as how its cut, presentation, and with an explanation of each meat part.
- Herb SENDAI 8F, 1-6-1 Chuo, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://team-toranomon.com/
Ishiwata Shoten co., Ltd.
- Founded in 1957 in Kesennuma which has the highest production of shark fins in Japan. As a specialist of shark fins, the company contributed to the development of the processing technology and commercialization of shark fins by coming up with a way to keep the collagen sealed within the shark fins. The premium quality products are widely used in restaurants in and out of Japan. Overcoming devastating damage from the Great East Japan Earthquake, it has resumed production.
- 228-77 Matsuzaki Yanagisawa, Kesennuma-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://www.ishiwatashoten.co.jp/
- A Japanese restaurant which uses seasonal ingredients from the sea of Sanriku and from the mountains of Tohoku, and prepares them with attentive skill. The elaborate dishes are highly praised by repeat customers.
- 15-1 Nagasawa-cho, Shiogama-shi, Miyagi
Freshly fired Korokke Ya
- A delicatessen, which sells 70 yen ”crispy korokke” and other products, is a local favorite. Currently, the shop is located in Kesennuma Reconstruction Shopping Area, selling piping hot, freshly fried products.
- Kesennuma Fukko Shoutengai To, 1-15 Minami-machi, Kesennuma-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://kesennumafs.com/korokke
Wagyu Black Beef Restaurant Gyumasa Sendai Branch
- The owner goes to the livestock market to personally purchase the Sendai beef cow whole. A restaurant specializing in Sendai beef which is barbecued slowly over charcoal. Because they purchase the entire cow, the menu is varied, and visitors can enjoy Sendai beef to their heart’s content. The restaurant has private rooms only.
- Kakitoku Biru 3F, 4-9-1 Ichiban-cho, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi
- URL http://www.gyumasa.com/
- Japan’s first Western-style ranch. Cleared for cultivation by the order of the Meiji Emperor, it was operated as a ranch for the Imperial Household Agency. Current activities include agriculture, dairy farming and processing of dairy products and the 100,00 square meter land. There is also an area where visitors can interact with animals or ride horses, offering an opportunity to experience nature.
- 225 Sakuramachi, Kagamiishimachi, Iwase, Fukushima
- URL http://www.iwasefarm.com/
Takahashi Peach Garden
- Fukushima Prefecture boasts the nation’s leading peach production. Tadayoshi Takahashi, an expert peach farmer with many admirers, is actively involved in breeding new varieties of peach such as ”Yuuka no Yume”, ”CX” and ”Yumekaori” which are nearly twice the size of standard peaches.
- 13 Baba、Miyoda, Tsukidatemachi, Fukushima
- Located on the street of Otaka in Kokubunji, this is a ”soba” restaurant where you can try ”soba tasting” instead of a ”sake tasting”. More than 30 varieties of buckwheat from all over Japan is used to make ”soba”, and you can enjoy the characteristics and flavors from each region. You can also order different grades of grinding and sifting to create a ”soba” to you liking.
- 3-19-34 Higashi Motomachi, Kokubunji Tokyo
- Tamawarai is a ”soba” restaurant tucked away in a residential area near the city center. Using buckwheat from a contracted farm, they grind with care and create a deep flavored ”soba”. Serving straight ”soba” (”seiro”), large plate (”atsumori”), and dipping sauces customized for the style of ”soba”, the simple ”soba” dishes continue to attract fans..
- 5-23-3 Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo
- A Japanese ”kappo” style restaurant where you can local delicacies such as ”shima-ebi”, loggerhead turtle and island fruit.
- Chichijima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- The southernmost restaurant in Tokyo, a delicious eatery in Hahajima where options for dining out are limited. Service is available for lunch and dinner, as well as packed lunch boxes, and is a favorite among locals as their ”kitchen”.
- Motochi, Hahajima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- Surrounded by the nature of Chichijima in the Ogasawara Islands, this café cultivates coffee using the Agroforestry method, taking advantage of the blessings of the mountains and ocean. The cafe is open every Saturday and Sunday, and is frequented by the island locals who enjoy the hand harvested and hand roasted artisanal coffee.
- Kita Fukurosawa, Chichijima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- URL http://uskcoffee.com/
Sushi Kappo, Kansa
- Kappo style Japanese restaurant where you can enjoy island ”sushi”, turtle dishes and other local Ogasawara cuisine. Since it first opened 40 years ago, it has been a gathering spot for travelers.
- Azumacho, Chichijima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- URL http://www.mmjp.or.jp/hotel-horizon/KANZA/
- This is an auberge with a restaurant as well as hotel facility. They offer both Western and Japanese food, using fresh island ingredients in a free-spirited form, enabling visitors to really enjoy the flavors of the season.
- Azumacho, Chichijima, Ogasawara-mura, Tokyo
- URL http://www.auberugesato.com/
- Japanese style restaurant with a ”gassho zukuri” architecture located in a huge garden surrounded by the nature of Oku Takao. Placing emphasis on service that communicates the tradition and beauty of Japan, visitors can enjoy ”Kaiseki” style cuisine with seasonal colors, and locally grown charcoal grilled chicken.
- 3426 Minamiasakawamachi, Hachioji, Tokyo 193-0846
- URL https://www.ukai.co.jp/english/
Handmade Soba Kurumaya
- The restaurant uses a traditional house dating back 140 years in the style traditional to the Aizu Tadami area that has been relocated to its current location, and offers a calm and peaceful ambience. ”Soba” flour is ground fresh each day with a stone grinder so you can enjoy freshly ground, handmade ”soba”.
- 3-10 Koshino, Hachioji, Tokyo
- URL http://www.soba-kurumaya.co.jp/
Marushin Shokuhin Ltd.
- ”Natto” is made with the utmost care using the highest quality small grain soybean cultivated in Okukuji, Ibaraki. Some of the most popular products are ”funa natto” which is packed in a wooden box shaped like a boat, and ”kuro natto” using black soybeans from Hokkaido.
- 477-1 Yamagata, Hitachiomiya-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture
- URL http://www.funanatto.co.jp/
- Produces miso using only domestically cultivated, pesticide-free rice and soybeans, and natural sea salt, and utilizing the natural power of fermentation. Operates ”JOZO CAFE Setsugetsuka by HARUKOMAYA” in Nakagawa-machi Bato Hiroshige Museum of Art, where one can enjoy various fermented products.
- 515 Bato, Nakagawa-machi, Nasu-gun, Tochigi Prefecture
- URL http://www.harukomaya.com/
Shinrinno Bokujo Farm/ Shinrinno Bokujo Cafe
- A dairy farm where cattle graze freely in the lush forests. Since the spring of 2011, grazing has been temporarily suspended following the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant accident, but milk from other cooperative dairy farms and various dairy products are sold at the Shinrinno Bokujo Cafe, or on the internet.
- 627-114 Oaza Toyoharaotsu, Nasu-machi, Nasu-gun, Tochigi Prefecture
- URL http://www.shinrinno.jp/
Asami Reizou Kanezaki Honten
- Shaved ice made from mountain stream water frozen very slowly in an open air ice making pond. Containing a lot of minerals, the ice tastes sweet.
- 27-1 Oaza Kanazaki, Minano-machi, Chichibu-gun, Saitama Prefecture
- URL http://asamireizou.blog.jp/
Nihon Nouen Tadaaki Hachisu & Nancy
- Tadaaki Hachisu produces eggs from chicken fed on NON.・GMO postharvest free grains. His wife, Nancy, teaches the importance of eating at the kindergarten ”Sunnyside Up”.
- Kamikawa-machi, Kodama-gun, Saitama Prefecture
Unagi-ya Shubou・Gasou Echigoya
- Enjoy the domestic ”unagi”eels from head to bone! Eels processed in-store and creative cooking attract many repeat customers.
- 4-21-22 Kotesashi-cho, Tokorozawa-shi, Saitama Prefecture
- URL https://www.echigoya-jp.com/
Rice farmer, Kiyoshi Suzuki
- ”The more you chew, the better it tastes!” exclaimed Nakata. Suzuki produces Koshihikari brand rice in the beautiful environment of Minami Uonuma district.
- 233-1 Kabanozawa, Minamiuonuma-shi, Niigata Prefecture
Chiba Shoyu Co.,Ltd
- Produces soy sauce, seasoning and pickles, using the choicest ingredients from the flatlands of Hokusou. Dedicated to preserve the local flavors.
- 1208 Kinouchi, Katori-shi, Chiba Prefecture
- URL http://www.chibashoyu.com/
Hyakusho Yashiki Jiroemu
- Enjoy grandma’s cooking in a 300 year old Japanese style house! Uses organic vegetables, organic rice, and fertile eggs.
- 2011 Yamana, Minamiboso-shi, Chiba Prefecture
- Many fans from near and far come here to taste very spicy European style curry.
- 8240-3510 Nishiide, Oizumi-cho, Hokuto-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
Pork cutlet ”Riki”
- A renowned restaurant that has the original dish ”Koshu Motsuni” which is loved by many as a local speciality.
- Kairyudo Tsuchiya Building B1, 2-1-1 Marunouchi, Kofu-shi, Yamanashi Prefecture
Creative Japanese cuisine Taiho
- Arrangement of local cuisine such as ”shio-houtou”and ”Fuji Sakuramasu-zushi” are popular.
- 865-21 Yamanaka, Yamanakako-mura, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture
- URL http://www.taihou-fuji.com/
- Exquisite Italian cuisine made from Yamanashi brand pork and home grown ingredients.
- 3407-1 Funatsu, Fujikawaguchikomachi, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture
Natural eel fishing at Sanaruko Lake
- Natural eel of Hamamatsu
- 4702-18 Irinocho, Nishi-ku, Hamamatsu-shi, Shizuoka Prefecture
- URL http://sanarumaru.seesaa.net/
Rock Field Co., Ltd.
- Shizuoka factory, connecting ”food” and ”environment”
- 2280 Shimonobe, Iwata-shi, Shizuoka Prefecture
- URL http://www.rockfield.co.jp/eng/
Gateau Festa Harada
- Makes Gateau Rusk ”Goûter de Roi”, a confection popular nationwide.
- 1207 Shin-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma Prefecture
- URL http://www.gateaufesta-harada.com/
Oigami Onsen Morning Market
- Morning market - a fun activity for visitors at Oigami Onsen. Open every morning from 6:00 to 7:30 am, from April 20 to November 20.
- Nakata had high praise for the apple ’miso’ and ’miso-senbei’ at this brewery.
- 789-2 Iwamurada, Saku-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.izumikura.com/
- Well-known Togakushi-soba shop that carries on the tradition of Japanese cuisine in the Togakushi district.
- 3356 Chusha, Nagano-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~uzuraya/
Rice farmers, Yoichiro and Kaori Ito
- ”A farmer’s daily visit to the paddy is the best fertilizer for the rice.” says Yoichiro Ito who practices ”Aigamo-noho” with loving care.
- 2254 Niiyama-nishishita, Tomigata, Ina City Nagano Prefecture
Kitaya Miso Co.
- ”Yukimusume-miso” - homemade ”miso” without additives is the roots of home cooking in Shinshu.
- 2-3-3 Tenryu-cho, Okaya-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.kitayamiso.com/
- A place to enjoy the simple life! Savor the excellent curry full of natural ingredients.
- 9068 Miasa, Omachi-shi, Nagano Prefecture
Yo-roppaken Main Branch
- The pride of Fukui citizens. Original Sauce Katsu-don
- 1-7-4 Junka, Fukui 910-0023
- URL http://yo-roppaken.gourmet.coocan.jp/
Le sans a plus
- A french restaurant in a rural area where you can enjoy the bounties of nature. *Reservations and referrals only. Thank you for your understanding.
- Saku City, Nagano Prefecture
Imokawa Koji Limited
- ”Miso” from Kitashinano in Shinshu, made by ”Artisan of Shinshu-miso.” It is moist, with a robust aroma and smooth flavor.
- 215 Oaza Ushiide, Nakano-shi, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.kitashinanomiso.com/
Farmer Kazuo Suzuki
- Rice nurtured by the blessings of Chikuma River draws attention from gourmets around the nation.
- 3599 Tokiwa, Iyama-shi, Nagano Prefecture
En Boca Karuizawa
- Popular restaurant in a forest where you can enjoy delicious smoked foods and pizza.
- 1277-1 Karuizawa, Karuizawa-machi, Kitasaku-gun, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://www.enboca.jp/karuizawa/karuizawa_2.html
- Homemade ”soba” made from only homegrown ”soba” grains or ”soba” from contracted farms.
- 872-9 Nakamatsu, Obuse-cho, Kamitakai-gun, Nagano Prefecture
- URL http://soba-sekizawa.com/
- Delicious ”tonkatsu” carefully prepared in a restaurant with a comfortable atmosphere. * We do not take reservations or inquiries by phone. * Please note that we close for business as soon as we are sold out.
- Erupatio Takinomizu 1F, 1-809 Takinomizu, Midori-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi Prefecture
Farmer Hisao Mitake
- Following his goal of growing ”vegetables that taste like fruit,” his motto is to ship only produce ”that are of 100% quality.”
- Tahara-shi, Aichi Prefecture
Misokatsu Yabaton Yaba-cho Honten
- Specialty dish with an exquisite balance between ”tonkatsu” and ”miso” sauce.
- 3-6-18 Osu, Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi Prefecture
- Savor Nagoya’s specialty dish ”hitsumabushi”, using only the very best blue eel.
- Presanto Shirogane 1F, 1-1-4 Shirogane, Showa-ku, Nagoya-shi
Suzuki Farm, Ito Seedling Store
- Koichi Suzuki produces and sells vegetables and seedlings, and is an agricultural expert who grows more than 200 varieties of vegetables every year. In addition to overseeing the branding of ”Koriyama brand vegetables”, he is involved in encouraging farmers to use ”methods of vegetable farming most preferred by consumers” through seminars and training.
- 18 Kitadera, Otsukimachi, Kooriyama, Fukushima
- URL http://suzukiitou.main.jp/
- Chez Yamanobe is a single house restaurant nestled near Yunokami Onsen in the Oku Aizu Mountains. Enjoy French cuisine featuring carefully selected ingredients, in a peaceful setting where you can experience the slow transitions of nature.
- 1316 Otsu, Tatemoto, Yunokami, Shimogomachi, Minami Aizu, Fukushima
- ”Melonpan” - Only ten buns baked a day. High praise from Nakata!
- 1-12 Ichinomachi, Furukawa-cho, Hida-shi, Gifu Prefecture
- A restaurant where you can savor freshwater eel, a special dish prepared by a skilled chef
- 1-3-29 Sanno-dori, Seki-shi, Gifu Prefecture
- French restaurant that uses local produce of Gifu.
- 5-1 Yahachi-cho, Gifu-shi, Gifu Prefecture
- Dairy cows are grown in Okuhida’s rich environment. They produce and sell flavorful milk and dairy products.
- 17-8 Masushima-cho, Furukawa-cho, Hida-shi, Gifu Prefecture
- URL http://www.bokuseisya.com/
Kusakabe Miso Co., Ltd.
- Miso and soy sauce produced using traditional methods in the Hida-Takayama climate.
- 90 Kamiichinomachi, Takayama-shi, Gifu Prefecture
- URL http://www.kusakabe-miso.co.jp/
Hida Beef Curry House
- Savor the tender Hida beef with curry.
- 1-21 Honmachi, Takayama-shi, Gifu Prefecture
- URL https://www.tengu.jp/curry.html
- Artisan’s touch creates delicious masterpieces from the abundant seafood of Hokuriku
- 920-0988 4-10 Kiguramachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa
- A Japanese style restaurant that offers the highest form of Japanese cuisine, befitting Kanazawa, the capital of delicious food
- 920-0864 6-５ Takaokamachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa
- URL http://turukou.com
- Famous for the beautiful sushi which is prepared with great care, piece by piece by the owner himself
- 921-8011 3-73 Irie, Kanazawa, Ishikawa
- Creativity shines through in the techniques used to bring out the best flavors of fish
- 921-8845 1-164 Taheiji, Nonoichi, Ishikawa
- Only 4 parties are treated to the popular Sunday breakfast ”Kanazawa Asage”
- 920-0901 1-9-69 Hikosomachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa
Agehama Enden style salt production Yutaka Kakuhana
- Carrying on the traditions of a sale production method with more than 400 years of history
- Ishikawa Prefecture
- Nakata raves about the ”manju” - ”Egara manju is very tasty!”
- 928-0001 1-90 Kawaimachi, Wajima, Ishikawa
- URL http://www.egara.128.ne.jp/
Wajima Morning Market
- 200 stall offer fresh seafood and vegetables, local craftwork
- Asaichi Dori, Kawaimachi, Wajima, Ishikawa